Chapter Nine

Lorena

I stretch with a groan. I have the feeling that my head is going to explode. Slowly I open my eyes. The sun shines directly into my face. Why did I forget to draw the curtains?

Black walls. My walls are not black. Startled, I sit up. This was not a good idea, because my head starts spinning. "Where the hell am I?", I ask myself.

"It hurts my feelings that you don't recognize my room." Startled, I turn around and see Dante sitting in a chair. "Damn it Dante. Do you want me to die of a heart attack?" "Of course, not mia cara." he says as he grins at me.

"Why am I here?" Before he can answer, I look under the covers, terrified. I see that I'm still wearing my dress from yesterday. Relieved, I exhale. "So now I'm really hurt. Do you think I would take advantage of your condition?" he asks me as he walks closer to me. I slide to the end of the bed and look at him with wide eyes. He gets on the bed and pulls me closer by my legs. A nervous squeak escapes from my mouth.

"I can assure you of one thing, principessa. When I fuck you, you will feel it the next day and the day after that. So don't insult me." I have to swallow nervously and cross my legs. I feel my cheeks turn red and goose bumps form on my arms. "Um?" "Do you want to say something principessa?" I couldn't speak. I was fixed on his eyes. His brown eyes radiate so much heat. He had hardly touched me, yet I feel as if I were naked.

He comes closer and closer to me. Suddenly I feel his weight on my chest and I can no longer breathe. This feeling throws me back to my 18th birthday. "You have to get down. Get off of me. Right now," I say in a panic as I push him away from me. "Lorena, what's wrong?" he asks me, confused. "Please, please get off me." Tears are already running down my cheeks.

"I'm gone. See?" he says as he raises his hands. "Gattino, I'm so sorry," I whisper. I am so uncomfortable with this. I never wanted him to see me like this. I never wanted anyone to have to see me like this ever again.

"Does this have anything to do with what you told me yesterday?" I look at him with wide eyes. "What?" "You told me yesterday that all men treat you like dirt. Some insult you, some hit you, and the worst ones rape you. What the hell happened? Who do I have to kill?"

I think I have rarely heard my heart beat as fast as it did at that moment. "You must have misunderstood me." "I might have believed you yesterday, but after the previous reaction from you, something bad happened to you. So I ask you again principessa, what the hell happened to you?"

I flip back the covers and quickly get up. My eyes search the room for my shoes. "What are you doing?" asks Dante. I have to hand it to him, in his weird way he respects me. He hasn't changed his position so as not to scare me. Which I can use to my advantage. "Thanks for taking me to your house. I have to go now though."

"What the hell? You can trust me." Frustrated, he runs his hand over his dark hair.

"No offense, but we're not in a real relationship, so it's none of your business. Thanks again." I run out the door and run for the front door before he can catch up with me. Arriving at the main gate, I turn around and see him standing by the window. He looks kind of disappointed, which makes it all the more difficult for me.

I wish my life was easier.

Dante

"He can't tell you anything more. He's already dead." With my hands covered in blood, I look angrily at one of my men. "Do you want to be next? If not I'd say shut the hell up." I turn to Ryan and continue to punch him. Ever since Lorena ran out of my house, I've been so incredibly angry. I didn't want a real relationship. I wanted everyone to live their own private lives. I didn't want to share secrets. So why do I feel such incredible anger inside me?"