Chapter Fifteen

Lorena

"I have corn on the cob, mashed potatoes with a mushroom sauce. Some other vegetables and a chocolate muffin. They didn't have any other cake left," Dante says out of breath as he sits down next to me.

Confused, I look at him. "I didn't know you were a vegetarian and I didn't know you didn't like strawberries. Sadly, I only found out from Mauro. Then when I threatened the kitchen help, they put something together for me," he says. My hormones are overflowing right now. I think the butterflies in my stomach are going crazy.

"Thank you, that was very thoughtful of you. But next time I'm sure you'll get something to eat without having to threaten anyone." I say as blood rushes to my cheek.

"Where's the fun in that?" Laughing, I shake my head and eat the food.

"That doesn't mean we're friends," I say seriously. "Understood, Mrs.Russo.", he says playfully. I roll my eyes and continue eating.

"You see those two up ahead? I bet you 20 bucks he tries to kiss her and she slaps him," Dante says. I look in the direction he pointed and see an old man in an expensive suit and a young woman in a red skin-tight dress.

"I bet you 20 bucks he tries to kiss her and she goes along with it." "Get ready to lose.", grinning we watch the two of them.

He approaches and tries to kiss her. She pulls back a little and out of the corner of my eye I can see Dante start to grin. But then she kisses him and we have a show on our hands that I would like to erase from my brain.

I hold out my hand to Dante and reluctantly he places 20 dollars in my hand. "I won."

Our fingertips touch lightly and it gives me a jolt. I quickly pull my hand away and put the 20 dollars in my cleavage. "How did you know?" he asks. "Women do crazy things for money," I mumble and the light mood is gone.

—-

California girls
We're unforgettable
Daisy dukes
Bikinis on top
Sun-kissed skin
So hot
We'll melt your popsicle
Ooh oh ooh
Ooh oh ooh

Singing, I jump up and down. After a few hours of sitting around, I decided that it's my wedding and I have to have fun. Now I've had 5 or 6 glasses of champagne and I'm singing my heart out to Katy Perry.

I grin at Mauro and we continue singing. He joined me about 10 minutes ago and we sing non-stop. The party guests have already given us several strange looks, but I couldn't care less.

"I never thought you could be so funny," he says with a laugh. "What's that supposed to mean? I'm funny in person." He looks at me with a shrug and takes another glass of champagne from the waiter.

He passes me the glass and I down it in one go. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. "I would prefer that you don't share your drink with my wife. I don't want your saliva in her body," Dante hisses. Startled, I turn to him and see him angrily clenching his hands into fists.

"Don't worry! Mauro's not really my type." He pulls me against him by the hips and whispers in my ear, "I see, and who's your type?"

"I'm more into dark, pretty and nice." 

"Nice?" Disgusted, he looks at me. "I can assure you that I'm anything but nice, but I think we can agree that you're not into nice." His lips gently graze mine.