Chapter Eight

Lorena

After spending yesterday crying, Jorge had texted me. Sometimes I think that he has hidden cameras in my room. Yesterday I was talking about him and suddenly he writes me.

JORGE: Be a good girl and get ready for the party tonight. When was the last time you went out? You deserve to have fun once in a while.

Jorge is just as stubborn as I am. But he's right about one thing - I last had fun when I was 18. It's time to have a little bit of fun. And maybe I will drink. Scratch that - I'm definitely going to drink a lot.

Jorge is one of my only friends. We met in the café where I worked for a while. Unfortunately, I don't have that much time for him, but when I do, I can devote it to him. He said we were going to a newly opened club. I take a black dress from my closet and hold it in front of me. I haven't worn this dress in a long time, and it could still look great on me. I take off my pyjamas and change into the dress. One thing is for sure, tonight I can't eat much. The dress fits like a second skin.

Now the only question is what to do with my hair. Today I'm lucky and they are not as bad as usual. Since I have freshly washed them, I let them open. After I put on makeup and a red lipstick, I put on my high heels, and I'm done.

Grinning, I look at myself in the mirror. I haven't seen myself done like this in a long time. The last time I was dressed up like this was at the engagement party. No, no my thoughts will not wander to Dante now. "Sei bellissima.", my mother says while standing at the door. "Thanks mom."

--

"It looks really, really great," I yell over the music. "You know who else looks great? You!" he says with a laugh. "Shut up," I say while blushing. We dance and dance until I can't anymore. "I'm going to get something from the bar. You want something too?", I ask him. "No, thanks. I'll keep dancing with Nicole."

I nod and walk to the bar. "Two tequila shots please," I call to the bartender. "Coming right up," he says, grinning at me. While I wait, I look around the club. It has a very modern design and I like the music. Jorge seems to have invited all his friends. However, he loves the attention and he deserve to receive it.

"Lorena?" I turn around and see Dante's friend. "Mauro, right?" "Glad you didn't forget my name," he says with a grin. "What are you doing here?", I ask. I guess that's a stupid question since this is a club.

"The club belongs to Dante. We're celebrating the new opening." My blood freezes in my veins. I don't know how Dante feels about the fact that I'm in a club. The last time we just talked about it, he reacted anything but well. Before Mauro can speak any further, the bartender hands me my shots. I down both, one after the other.

"Woah, careful. We don't want you to get sick," he says.

"I can take care of myself. Ciao." I wave at him before heading back to my friends. Well, more like Jorge's friends.

Dante

I try my best not to run down and poke out the eyes of all the men in my club. I didn't expect to find Lorena in my club today. After yesterday I went to her home again and tried to put the tips from Mauro and Google into practice. I bought damn roses as well as chocolates and wanted to have dinner with her. However, her mother said that she went out with friends. I thought they had gone out to eat and not that she was half naked in my club.

"What were you talking about?", I asked Mauro right as he walked into the VIP area.

"About this and that."

"Mauro, don't test me. Just because we're friends doesn't mean I won't shoot you," I said with gritted teeth.

"We didn't talk about anything really, but apparently she didn't know it was your club."