Chapter Six

Lorena

"What do you think of this dress?", I ask my mother. "It's pretty, but it's not the right one." Sighing, I put it back. Dante wanted to throw an engagement party today. So that he could introduce me as the future Mrs. Russo. I need the perfect dress for that. Although I now have enough money to buy all the dresses at the store, he gave me his credit card.

I'm sure we've been at the mall for several hours and still haven't found a dress that fits. Even if I don't want to admit it, I want to knock Dante's socks off with my dress. "Mom, do you think I should just grab a dress from home?", I ask her, "No, absolutely not. You need to buy a new dress for the new beginning of a new time." I think secretly my mother is looking forward to the wedding, even if it doesn't come from the product of two lovers.

Since she no longer has to work for the Russo's, she feels much better. She really blossoms and meets with her friends again. Seeing her like this shows me that I did the right thing. I look at the dresses on the racks and notice an emerald green dress. I take it off the rack and hold it out in front of me. "Oh, this might be the perfect dress," I hear my mother say. I nod my head in agreement and go into the dressing room.

When I put on the dress, I could not believe my luck. It fits perfectly. It has a low neckline, but in such a way that it doesn't look too cheap. I walk out of the dressing room and show it to my mom. "Oh my dear daughter. Dante won't believe his luck, that dress looks stunning." "I will take it."

---

DANTE: A driver will pick you up in 15 minutes. I would come myself, but something came up.

LORENA: Okay.

Disappointed, I continue to finish getting ready. I had hoped that we could have a brief moment together before going to our engagement party. I put on my earrings and high heels and walk into the living room. "How do I look?", I ask my mom as I spin around in circles. "Bellissima! You look like a princess."

"Have fun tonight and don't worry too much. You are young. You deserve to have fun." I nod and give my mother a kiss on the cheek. I would love to have my mother by my side, but I want to keep her away from this world as much as possible. The doorbell rings and I go outside. A young man stands at the door and says, "Mrs. Russo I have an order from Mr. Russo to drive you to the party." I'm not even married yet and I'm already called Mrs. Russo, I still have to get used to that.

I nod and follow him to the car. He opens the door for me and I get in. During the drive, I look out of the car and let my thoughts wander. We arrive at the estate faster than I can look. In front of the estate are several hundred cars and I see many elegantly dressed women and men. I feel myself getting a little nauseous. What if I say something wrong. What if I make a fool of myself. I don't know the last time I was at an event and then the center of attention. I can't.

"Mrs. Russo don't you want to get out?" the young man asks me. "No.", I say and slam the door, he has left open for me, shut.

Dante

Where the hell is my wife? She should have been here over twenty minutes ago. She doesn't respond to my messages either. As more and more people trickle in, there's no sign of Lorena. "Mr. Russo there's a problem in the parking lot," one of my men whispers in my ear. "Fix it! Can't you see I need to be present at my engagement party," I hiss. "But it's about your wife." Startled, I look at him and sprint out of my house.

"Where is she?", I yell and look around. I see one of my men knocking on a car window. I run up to him and grab him by the collar. "What the hell did you do to my wife? Why won't she get out of the car?", I ask him as I keep squeezing. He can't answer because he's too busy turning blue. I hear the car door open and feel a hand on my shoulder. "Dante let him go." I keep squeezing his throat. "Gattino, let him go." She takes my face in her hand and I let go of him.

"Why are you hiding in the car, mia cara. Did something happen?", I ask her. "No, I'm sorry. The thought of being the center of attention and surrounded by lots of people kind of scared me," she says, embarrassed, looking down at the ground. "You should have said something. I can send everyone home if that's what you want." "No, no. I can handle it. Besides, I didn't buy this dress for nothing," she says playfully. I look her up and down.

"You look stunning. If you could hear my thoughts now..." I see her cheeks turn red.

"Enough of that. Are you ready or should we get out of our own party?" "I'm ready." I take her by the hand and walk in with her. My men follow me and the evening can go on as planned. Or not so planned, as I feel my hard crotch in my pants. That will have to wait until I'm standing under a cold shower.

--

"Thank you all so much for attending. My son, Dante Russo, will marry the beautiful Lorena Castio at the end of this month. Which means that starting next month, he will be your Don. This will come as a shock to some, but it's time to pass the baton. We hope for your support. Who am I kidding, you will support us regardless, otherwise you know what's coming and now let's celebrate," my father says with a laugh. He knows how to motivate people. Rolling my eyes, I take Lorena's hand.

We make our way to the dance floor and slowly sway to the music. "Is everything okay so far?", I ask Lorena. "Since when are you so compassionate Mr. Russo?" she asks playfully. "Since you told me I had to pay attention to your feelings." "I didn't think you followed orders from others." I slowly lean down to her so that we are at eye level. "Sometimes even I make an exception," I whisper.

I see her cheeks turn red. I love how her cheeks blush. Maybe red will be my new favorite color or maybe green. That damn green dress emphasizes every part of her body just right. I want to rip it off her body. I shake my head and focus on anything but her body. I have to concentrate and keep reminding myself that this is a fake marriage.

"Well, look at you. I never thought the day would come when you'd get married.", says the last person I want to see here. "Get the fuck out of here." "How are you talking to me? I always thought there was something real between us," Nadia says while running her nails along my chest. 

"Excuse me, I don't know if I'm standing here as a decoration, but if you don't take your hand off my husband in the next five seconds, you're going to have to pick up your fake nails from the floor when I rip them off your hand," Lorena hisses. 

Husband, I could get used to that word. 

Surprised, I and Nadia look at her. I didn't think Lorena would get so jealous, but damn is it hot. "Excuse me?" says Nadia indignantly. "Did your plastic surgery do something to your brain or are you just too stupid to understand English properly? Hands. off. my. Man." Snapped, Nadia turns and walks away.

"Damn principessa, you don't know how hot you look angry." "I always look hot." she says, laughing. And once again, I have to agree with her. 

Damn, what is she doing to me.