Chapter Eighteen

Lorena

I feel Dante's gaze burning into my back. I try to ignore it and continue combing my hair. A few minutes pass without him moving from his spot. Annoyed, I turn around and ask him: "Can I help you with something?" He nods and takes a few steps towards me.

"Thank you for asking me dear wife. Didn't you tell me you were going to a children's performance?" He crosses his arms and looks at me, waiting.

Confused, I look at him. "Yes, I'm going to Tommy's performance. Why?" 

He walks up to me and grabs my chin. "And why the hell do you look like you're going to meet Obama himself?" I have to pull myself together not to smile. I love it when Dante is jealous.

"I don't know what you mean? I just got a bit dressed up because it's in a theatre." I shrug my shoulders innocently.

I honestly don't know what I'm trying to do here. The dress I put on today is far too daring for a children's performance. 

However, I wanted to provoke some kind of reaction out of Dante. We've been living together for a week now and it feels like I'm living alone. He's never here when it's time to eat and in the morning, he's already gone. I feel like a lonley, bored wife.

"Principessa, I don't know what you are trying to do here, but I don't like it at all." He presses his thumbs against my chin and pushes my head back at the same time. He runs his thumb along my lips, smearing my red lipstick.

"That wasn't very nice, Gattino," I whisper huskily.

"Yes, your dress doesn't allow for nice thoughts either. And how many times have I told you not to call me that?" I close my eyes as he starts to run his hand along the back of my neck.

"Admit it, you love it when I call you that," I whisper. 

He grabs my hair and pulls it so that my head swings back. "You want to know what I love?" I nod and look at him with heavy eyelids. My whole body vibrates with lust. "When my wife obeys me and dresses accordingly. Change your clothes! Capito!"

He lets go of my head with a jerk and I have to hold on to my dressing table. With a loud bang he leaves our bedroom. I roll my eyes in annoyance. I never thought I'd be in the position where I'm the horny guy.

I take a make-up remover and wipe away the smeared lipstick. Just as I'm about to apply mascara to my eyelashes, my phone rings. 

"What's up, babe?" yells Jorge.

"How are you?", I ask. 

"Oh no, what's wrong with you? Shouldn't you be in a honeymoon mood? I was just about to ask you all about your sex escapades."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you. Dante has no sexual interests in me. We are like friends who got married. Only without the friends part and without the fun." I have to pull myself together so that I don't tell Jorge that we only got married to do each other a favour.

"Are you telling me you've never had..." 

I say nothing for a few seconds so that I can collect my thoughts. I would like to talk to my friends about my supposed marriage, but I can't. "No, we were going to wait until the wedding, but that didn't work out. Dante is very traditional about it. You know Italians." I say with a laugh.

"Okay, wow, I didn't see that coming. Then what are you waiting for? Seduce him. Whip him. Tie him to the bed. Let your wild side out.  Have you ever seen this man? It's like he's carved out of stone. A perfect man." 

"Should I annul my marriage so you can marry him?" I ask playfully. He rolls his eyes and makes funny expressions. I pick up my phone so I can see him from close up.