Chapter Twenty

Lorena

„It was my eighteenth birthday. I saved up for months to buy a dress and a ticket to the club. People at school knew I was poor, but I had great friends. I even had a boyfriend at that time. He was very kind to me and I knew he was the right one.

I got ready for the party and then left. I had to take public transport to the club because the others didn't have time to pick me up. Of course, I thought nothing of it.

When I arrived at the club, I proudly showed my ID and the security man even congratulated me. I was so overjoyed.

I went into the club and looked for my friends. After a few minutes, I spotted them at the bar. They looked like they were happy to see me. They persuaded me to drink shots and soon I was well drunk.

After a while, my boyfriend finally arrived. We had a lot of fun. We danced, laughed and kissed. At some point he touched me under my dress and it was too uncomfortable for me. I wanted my first time to be special. I didn't want him to touch me inappropriately in a club.

I told him that, but he said I shouldn't act so prudish. He had already waited long enough. I told him again that I didn't want that, but he wouldn't listen.

He told me: You belong to me. Your body, your soul, everything. You don't know how long I've waited for this moment. The exact same words you used, which is why I reacted the way I did."

„Principessa, I'm so sorry-" just as he was about to finish his sentence, a woman comes into the toilet. "GET OUT!" shouts Dante. She looks terrified and quickly walks out. "Go on."

„I slapped him and everyone in the club saw it. I was embarrassed and of course scared, so I ran out of the club. He ran after me with his friends. I thought it was a good idea to run through the park but-" I start sobbing so hard I couldn't find the words.

"Mia cara, you can stop if you want."

"No, I have to move on or I'll never tell you." He just nods in understanding and looks at me with sad eyes. I take a big breath and continue.

"I ran through the park, but I was wearing high heels and they were all on the football team, so their stamina was better than mine.

At some point I felt hands on my shoulder and I shrieked for my life. Vinz (the waiter) put his hands around my mouth and forced me to stop. I shook my head and pleaded with my eyes to let me go. They wouldn't listen and pulled me to the ground.

You didn't want it any other way. You made me horny all the time and then denied me your body, my boyfriend said spitefully.

There was another friend with them. Vinz held my arms while the other one pressed my legs against the floor. I resisted with all my might, but it was no use. I let it happen and prayed that it would pass quickly.

After they finished with me, they beat me so hard that I fainted. I woke up after a few days in the hospital. I was so scared and shaking all over.

The doctors told me what had happened and I became so hysterical that they had to sedate me. The police came by and I told them what had happened. They told me that they questioned everyone and they all said that the three were at home.

I begged them to check the CCTV in the club, but they said there was no footage from that night. I am 100% convinced that the owner deleted the footage because he was a friend of my boyfriend's family.

In any case, it was testimony against testimony and they didn't find any clear DNA on me, because he had probably used a condom. I was in treatment for months. We couldn't afford to move and I refused to go to school.