Bruno Bucciarati; Together.

A/N:
Requested by @thedaikiwife.
If there's anything wrong with this or you don't like something about it I'll change it!! I hope you enjoy! Also I Literally found requests that are like 10 months old buried down in my notes app that I completely forgot about I guess. I suck at this stuff so bad. This was before I just started saving hella drafts on wattpad and tried to keep everything in my notes to 'organize' it better. Look where that got me 😒
Anyway I'm sure nobody cares about those requests or is even reading the story at this point anymore but I feel like absolute crap so I'm going to work on them :/

The black haired man sat at the shabby little table of the bar, savoring the sour taste of the caramel-brown liquid that swished around in his glass. Bruno Bucciarati did not drink often, but tonight he felt like it was just one of those nights, and what would be better than a homely bar in Naples? Nothing could compare really. The tavern smelled of cheap food and booze, a smell that would usually make his stomach unsettled but for now it was perfect. It wasn't too crowded but for the small place the customer tally was sure wracking up. The leading cause to such a quantity was not only the half-off prices from 8pm to 10pm, but also the live entertainment. So far nothing had really caught Bruno's interest; of course he still watched to occupy his mind, but he was not too enthralled on the lanky men making crude jokes, or the people trying their hardest to sing who couldn't really sing, or the ones reciting awful poetry they had pulled from dusty books they had found at the library. It added to the ambiance of the establishment, that was for sure, but he hadn't really understood why no one of genuine talent had come up yet.

That was until you walked onto the stage, anyway. There was something that immediately had drawn his eyes onto you, and he couldn't put a finger down on what exactly it was. You were wearing casual clothes although maybe a bit more dressy than you usually would. He noticed how wonderfully your clothes matched against your rich skin tone, and you had also wore your curly hair in your favorite hairstyle. You had a guitar in hand, and he could tell you were nervous from your body language on the way up to the microphone stand. He hadn't even heard you preform yet, but Bruno already knew it was going to be the best thing he ever heard.

"I'm (Y/n), and I'm going to play a song that I wrote."

He sat his drinking glass down, and turned his full attention to the stage. He watched intently. Your gentle fingers strummed against the guitar strings, and soon soft words left your lips. He could've swooned right then and there. He found himself somewhat upset after the song had ended in only a few minutes. There were a good handful of claps as you took your leave off of the stage- can you guess who was clapping the loudest?

He watched you submerge from the backstage exit leading back out into the pub, and you sat on one of the barstools at the bar. Bucciarati wondered if it was too soon to introduce himself. He bit down on his tongue and nevertheless took the leap. He approached the mixing bar you were at at and took a seat next to you on one of the red-cushioned barstools. He had a very kind and welcoming smile plastered onto his face. "Can I buy you a drink?."

You looked over at the man who was talking to you, with sort of a look of surprised expression. He took note of it and immediately seemed apologetic. "I'm sorry if I startled you-." You shook your head at him and returned a friendly smile. "No, you're fine! Yes...you can buy me a drink."

You shared small conversation, introducing yourselves to each other. Your drink arrived and you took small sips of it. He could tell you weren't much of a drinker either. "You have a really lovely voice, you know?." He complimented. He felt self-conscious about the fact that he kept looking at you- what if you thought he was staring and got weirded out. Your smile was beautiful, the way your nose slightly crinkled and the corners of your mouth almost dimpled your cheeks. "You really think so?."

"Absolutely," His voice was so charming it made you want to melt. "So tell me, what's your goal? Is this just a hobby or something you see yourself doing career-wise?."

"Well, I want to be a professional someday. Hopefully a famous singer! But I honestly don't know how far I'm going to get." You watched Bruno hold up a hand and order another round of drinks. You had just barely finished your last one, but you couldn't complain though. It was nice having such a gentleman buy them for you...

"I'd say you definitely have a shot. We all have to start somewhere right? You have all the talent you need to get as far as you want." You blushed at his words and averted your eyes from him. Your drinks were slid across the bar rather quickly compared to last time. "So, I don't think I asked, what do you do for a living?." You questioned him. His tongue clicked against his teeth. "Erm...actually I can't really discuss that."

You giggled. "Oh I gotcha, top secret right?." You were only partially joking, but when you glanced back over at him you realized you were in fact correct. "Actually yes." He chuckled a bit.

You continued talking about small random things, until he caught you a bit off guard- not in a bad way, per-say. "Excuse me if this is too soon but, would you like to come to my place for tea?."

You bit down on your lip and glanced around the tavern, deciding if it was against your better judgement or not. Ultimately you nodded at the newly-acquainted man. "Yeah, let's get out of here!."

Your head rested against your lovers shoulder, and your fingertips traced circles into his lightly tanned chest. The bedroom was decently dark, only being illuminated by the tinted lamp on the bedside table. "What's on your mind, my love?." Bruno spoke up, his voice soft. That was one of the things you grew to love most about him. He was always so in tune with you. "I'm just thinking about us," You nuzzled against his skin, emitting the most comfortable warmth you had ever felt in your entire life. "Do you remember when we first met? How long ago was that now...six years?."

"Of course I remember, how could I forget?," He grinned widely, looking down at you resting on his shoulder. "Six years and four months, to be exact."

"Wow...can you believe how far we've come, Bruno? We're happy, living in this wonderful penthouse, I mean you're one rank under Capo for God's sake!."

"Don't forget about yourself, mia amata. You went from preforming for free at local bar's to get your name out there, to selling out all tickets for a venue." He petted his hand against your hair, caressing you. "I know, I know...it's crazy isn't it? I still can't believe it sometimes, honestly."

"You've worked so hard, you deserve it all and then some. I think you'll go even farther than this."

You shoved your face into the crook of his neck, nuzzling into him. "I love you, Bruno. I couldn't have done this without you."

"I love you too, (Y/n). Now you should get some sleep so you aren't exhausted for tomorrow's concert."

You wrapped your arm around him and nodded into him, in agreement. His arm extended and he flicked off the switch to the lamp. You laid in the fully dark room, holding each other. You fell asleep thinking about all of your accomplishments. You had both succeeded in your goals, and most importantly-

You did it together.