Thirty-One

I was startled to say the least, he was like a figment of my imagination, seeing him standing this close it was like I could never forget his face even if I tried; he looked exactly as I remembered. Beautiful. His silver hair was a little longer now, like the first time I saw him. There wasn't a hint of playfulness on his face anymore; exactly like the last time I'd seen him through my rear view mirrors. Memories flashed through my mind of all those moments we shared together, the feelings making me feel giddy once again. He always had that effect on me, I couldn't deny my feelings for him, he made my heart ache painfully. Shaking my head, I averted my gaze before I got carried away and sidestepped, he followed; blocking my path like he always did. "We need to talk." His velvety voice, hearing it after so long, was just heavenly. It was like music to my ears and I wanted to hear more. What? No, get it together. Shaking my head furiously once again, I stepped to the other side and once again, he followed. I breathed through my nose indicating my annoyance, heart about to explode just having him this close to me; he didn't seem to understand nor care.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" My voice was stern, void of any emotion as I looked up at him. Two could play this game. His brow raised in surprise, as though he wasn't expecting me to say that; as if he was waiting for me to just comply. Tough luck.

"I'm serious, Charlie. We need to talk, now." His vague response did not phase me. Instead of answering him, I decided to just walk away; if only he'd let me. It was like a game of who could step the other way faster, I gave up obviously. I turned around and walked the other way instead, sure that would get me home in about 30 minutes; after circling back to this place, but anything to avoid him right? Awesome.

"Charlie!" his voice startled me as I stopped in my tracks momentarily before continuing, he just wouldn't quit. "It's not safe here, let's go somewhere else." His voice became louder and closer to me as his hand grabbed mine from behind, twirling me around in an instant. He began dragging me somewhere but I yanked my hand away instantly, as if I had been burned. "I don't want to go anywhere with you." I seethed, taking a step back.

"This is not the time for this, I'm serious." He grunt, reaching for my hand once again but I quickly pulled back. "And I have never been more serious in my life! Get out of my way before I start screaming bloody murder." I responded, irritated. His gaze hardened, jaw clenching painfully as he looked down at me, coming in a little closer. "You just never listen, do you?"

I rolled my eyes, walking past him this time without a trace of hesitation, he could stand there for an eternity for all I cared. "Are you coming with me or not?" His voice boomed, scaring me as I jumped a little. I had never heard him speak like this before and it scared me a little bit, my heart was beating rapidly but I tried not to get intimidated by him and continued walking. Just ignore him, he'll go away. "Shit, Charlie." I heard him say vaguely before I was engulfed in his arms, pulled flush against his taut body. He's not going away. "This one's on you. You stubborn girl." He whispered against my ear, sending a shiver along the length of my spine; the way his touch could make me shiver underneath the scorching sun, I hated it. My heart fluttered in nervousness as if about to burst out, I pushed at his arms but to no avail, he did not move. "What do you think you're doing?! Let me go!" I squeaked, fighting against him, I was locked in his embrace like a prisoner, afraid of my own body betraying me.

"Something I should have done a long time ago." Nervous all of a sudden at his response, I was about to ask him what he was talking about but before I knew it, I was once again floating in the air like a balloon on a windy day; a pathetic sight to behold. I could never, ever get used to this feeling. It made me feel nauseous, gasping for air every time and I hated it.

"Bastard!" I cursed, swaying in his embrace. I felt dizzy, weeks' worth of stress finally taking its toll on me. Pietro didn't seem to care how I felt though, as he was doing whatever the hell he wanted. As I looked at my surroundings, vision still blurred, he pushed me back against something solid as I gasped at the sudden contact; wincing when my shoulder blades made contact with the harsh contours of what I assumed was a door. "Ah.!" I winced, voice barely audible. I finally looked up at him in anger, finding his gaze fixated on me; in that moment, he looked scary and I wanted to be as far away from him as possible. Placing his hands on either side of me he leaned in slowly, chest heaving dangerously against my own. He was angry, why in the world was he angry? I should be the one getting angry, not him. I was the one who did stupid, reckless things because of his behaviour towards me, hell I even got a hangover because of him!