Sixteen

His piercing blue eyes stared into mine as he leaned in closer, lips ghosting over mine. Small sparks erupted on my skin at the feeling and I leaned in, his hot breath mirroring my own. He wanted to kiss me and so did I. As quickly as that feeling came, a sliver of the functioning part of my brain jolted me back to reality and forced me to push back against the door—like I'd been burned. Away from his intensity, I gasped at how close we came to giving in. Pietro didn't make a move but I could see his fists clenching and unclenching. I didn't want to see his face, afraid all of a sudden.

"Good..goodnight, Pietro." I whispered hoarsely, avoiding his eyes and turning around quickly to head inside. Shutting the door I turned to lean against it, hand on my heart as I tried to breathe. His scent invaded my senses and I forgot that I was still wearing his jacket. And it smelled so good, exactly like him. What was I about to do? I promised myself I wouldn't let him make me feel this way. It was like I was fighting an internal battle with myself. I was scared, so scared. The endless possibilities that lay in front of me did nothing but scare me furthermore—what if he wasn't what I thought he was? What if this was all just an act? What if.. 

My heart was beating so fast I thought it might explode, I couldn't think straight. Thea's words rang in my ears and I gulped. I couldn't deny these new feelings that harboured inside me for the boy stood outside. I knew he was outside, I just did. I could feel him, he had a strange pull on me and I think I was just about done running from him. I could live to regret this or not—I wouldn't know unless I went for it. "Shit." I whispered. 

Without wasting another second, I turned back around and opened the door, instantly colliding against his muscular body. His arms wrapped themselves around my waist and I looked into his intense eyes burning with nothing but desire. Desire for me. A gasp escaped my lips at the intensity of his gaze before I felt his lips on mine. It was like something had exploded, tingles danced across my body as he kissed me with that burning desire. This felt right. My arms wrapped around his neck as I ran a hand through his silver hair, tugging slightly. It was so soft, exactly how I'd imagined. A groan left his mouth and his hand wrapped around my hair gently before he pulled me in closer. I was on my tippy toes until he lifted me up by the hips and trapped me against the wall and his hard body. His teeth grazed my lips before he began invading my mouth. A moan escaped me and it did nothing but encourage Pietro.

I began to get light headed but he wasn't done with me, he was a man deprived and he wasn't going to stop anytime soon. I moved my arms to place them against his chest and pulled away from his demanding mouth, breathing hard like I'd just ran a marathon while he looked the opposite of me—ready to kiss me again. "Took you long enough." He grunt, placing his forehead against mine tenderly. Heat crawled onto my face realising what had just happened. I kissed Pietro. Holy shit. There was no going back from this.

"Can I kiss you, again?" His husky voice was carnal, so terrifying and thrilling all at once. It caused a shiver down my spine and I found myself gulping for air before his lips attacked mine once again. He wasn't asking. He was taking. I shivered against him, letting him take over and do whatever he pleased. I leaned back against the wall to catch my breath but Pietro had other plans. His lips left a burning trail down my neck and I shivered as he kissed a sensitive spot, his stubble against my skin felt ticklish but good.

"Again?" His accent became thicker, like he was struggling to talk. I groaned, feeling lightheaded. He was too intense, I couldn't keep up with him. "Pietro..I can't breathe." I whispered. His sinful lips attacked my neck once more and I found myself arching into him.  "S..stop" I moaned out, unable to take his intense touch against my skin anymore. I felt like I was about to explode. He hummed against my skin, grazing his teeth until it stung. "Mm..I quite like this." 

"Please.." I whimpered, unable to take this sweet torture. He made a sound at the back of his throat before releasing me from the torture of his heated mouth. I nearly whined at the loss of his hot kisses against my skin. Setting me down gently, he wrapped one arm around me and with the other he held my hand to his beating heart. I gasped. "Do you feel this? That's how fast my heart beats when I'm with you." He whispered, forehead touching mine. My breath hitched, feeling his heartbeat like this made me realise how real this was. He wasn't wrong either, I could feel the erratic rhythm of his heart against my hand—I could only imagine mine was doing the same. He placed his head between my neck and I sighed in content, feeling his soft hair brush against my cheek. I wish it could just be like this forever. "I really like you Charlie, I can't explain what it is but I don't want this feeling to go away. You make me happy and I feel..home when I'm with you."

I forgot how to breathe, how to formulate an appropriate response to his heartfelt confession. I was always good at hiding behind a wall, not letting the other person get close to me enough to see the cracks and scars I carried with me. But with Pietro, it felt different—like he could see right through me and it was scary how vulnerable that made me to him. It felt like this was a beautiful dream I was having and one day I'll wake up from it—that didn't need to be today. I traced his sharp jawline with my free hand slowly, feeling the stubble prickle into my skin. He was igniting a fire deep inside of me that only he could put out. For once I wanted to let my guard down and follow my heart for once.

"I.. don't know what to say." I whispered instead. His head turned little to face me as he whispered in my ear. "Don't say anything, just feel." And I did. His heart beating against my hand, his intoxicating smell enveloping me like a blanket and I just wanted to stay like this forever. 

"I have to get back inside." I bit my tongue immediately, closing my eyes when I felt him stiffen. I wanted to take it back but it was too late. He tightened his arms around me, a silent promise to never let go. "Please, just.." He sighed, moving his head back to look at me, "stay here?" I wanted to. I really did.

"Pietro..I have to go. Someone might see us." I whispered, seeing a flash of something in his eyes before it disappeared. "Let them see. I don't care." He buried his face in between my neck, swaying our bodies side to side lazily. I pushed against his chest. "But I care! They're my neighbours not yours." I teased, trying not to smile but failing miserably. He sighed, shoulders slumping in what I assumed was defeat before he moved his head up. "Fine, but when will I see you again?"
"I don't know.." I trailed off. 

Honestly, I needed some time to think about where this was going, where we were headed. I also needed some time alone to think straight without him clouding my senses. "Tomorrow?" His voice broke my train of thoughts and I stared up at him in bewilderment. See, this right here, is exactly why I needed my time away from him—he was consuming my senses and I'd happily let him. Get a grip!

"What? No! I'm working at the cafe remember?" I tried to reason but his demeanour told me this was far from over.

"I'll pick..you up, tomorrow?" He asked so innocently, yet his voice was nothing short of a command. I pulled his tensed arms away from me and attempted to head inside my apartment. The keyword here was attempted. He blocked me with his arms on either side of me and leaned dangerously close to me, hot breath fanning my face. I tried not to lose my focus with him being so very close to me. My body still craved his touch like a woman starved even though we were making out a few minutes ago.

"Dear god, did you not hear me?" I giggled nervously, trying to duck under him without causing suspicion. His eyes narrowed on my slow movement. Damn it Charlie you slow poke! He leaned in closer and I tried not to let it affect me. "What time?" He murmured against my lips, brushing over teasingly. "You're driving me crazy." I breathed out, leaning back to avoid his lips ghosting over mine. I yelped when he trapped my wrists in his hands and placed them above my head like a brute. Jesus, what did I just unleash?

"I said" I gulped, feeling his lips attack my neck as he continued, "what time?"
"Pietro let go of me before someone comes!" I gasped at his audacity. He didn't move at first, taking his sweet time nipping at my skin before he let go. I straightened myself, feeling grateful of the little distance between us. "I'm picking you up tomorrow after work, be ready." 

His tone was final and I didn't have enough strength to argue with him anymore. I sighed, turning around. "What have I done.." I whispered to myself. Pietro chuckled against my ear. "Now go before I change my mind and kidnap you for real."

I bolted.