Thirty-Eight

"Tell me Charlie, how do I end something I cannot live without?"
My breath hitched hearing him say it again, focusing my eyes on his face, I really looked at him. He looked so mature all of a sudden, it felt like eons ago when I first met him. The countless moments he made me smile, blush, laugh, take my breath away, made me feel like I was worth something. A part of me was relieved hearing him say that, a very..very small portion of brain allowing me to believe it too. Does that mean he..he doesn't want to leave?

"That's like saying I should just end my life here and now." He continued, his voice dangerously low, "Is that what you want?

His words made me feel more guilty, conflicted even, I could feel his frustration rolling off him. If I was being honest, he seemed a little angry. "I thought.." words failed me, gaze lowering for a few seconds before I looked up. I shouldn't have looked, for his face was blank, eyes swirling a thousand emotions. I gasped at the intensity, suddenly feeling very small.

"You thought what?" He challenged, stepping dangerously closer, and closer, making me stumble backwards to keep some distance. But he kept moving and moving, until I found myself trapped between a wall and him. I didn't know what to say, and truthfully speaking, I was starting to freak out. I never had this happen to me before! I thought he would just walk out and..that would be the end of everything. I wasn't betting on him accelerating my heartbeat like this.

"I have told you so many times..but words don't seem to work anymore." His voice suddenly cold. I shivered. "I guess I'll just have to show you."

My train of thought was cut short when I felt his sinful lips on mine, heat enveloping me like a warm blanket on a cold night. His arms wound around my waist and pulled me closer until I could feel him, his body moulding into mine like it was meant to be. It was like I was put in a trance, unable to move away—not that I could. His arm traced from the middle of my back until his fingers were tugging my hair, pulling my head back and deepening the kiss. Every single emotion swirling in those piercing eyes was poured into this kiss and I realised then just how much I had missed this. Him. My legs turned to jelly, giving out under me. His arm laced around me was the only thing keeping me upstanding. My hands rested against his chest, palm open, ready to push him away—only I couldn't, didn't want to. I gasped at the sharp pain of his teeth latching onto my bottom lip, invading my mouth with his tongue until I moaned. He groaned in response, pushing me against the wall with his body before I could move my hands off his chest. I was well and truly trapped, his hips rolling ever so slightly into me, letting me know exactly what he was feeling. I couldn't breathe, feeling lightheaded as I pulled back against him, silently begging him to let go.

"Did that say, I want to end this, to you?" He damn near purred against my ear, watching me hungrily take in the oxygen he'd deprived me off. I felt dizzy, gripping his shoulders helplessly.

"Mm?" He hummed against my skin, causing goosebumps in the best way possible.

"Uh..." I didn't know what to say, his touch driving me insane, leaving me breathless and wanting more. His lips found mine again, this time more passionately—almost aggressively, in a way he'd never done before. My stomach churned feeling the way his body was pressed into mine. "How about now?" His voice hoarse, hot breath fanning my skin. I couldn't think, chest heaving against his. I was right, he had changed. I don't recall him being this intense—I take it back, he had always been like this. I was too blinded to see it then, but I could feel it now. And I'll be damned if I was going to let this go.

"If you'd let me speak!" I gasped, rolling my head back just as his lips were about to capture mine. "Oh.." I moaned, feeling his lips against my neck, kissing and sucking. I could just melt away, his touch was driving me to the brink of insanity. I wanted more, craved more. But I knew I had to say something before we got carried away. His arms tightened around me, pulling me flush against him as he continued his sweet assault.