Thirty-Nine

It felt like I was in a cocoon of endless warmth, I was so warm and it felt good. Too good. Fluttering my eyes open I was met with unfamiliar surroundings. Grey walls and black furniture stared back at me until realisation dawned on me. I was still in his room from the night before. The warmth surrounding me was none other than Pietro who was still asleep by the looks of it. His arm was draped around my waist whilst he slept on his stomach, facing me sideways with his face buried in the crook of my neck. He was cuddling me. Aww..he's like a big cuddly bear, too frikkin cute.

My eyes felt dry and swollen from all that crying, I bet they were red too. I allowed myself think back to the crazy events that occured last night. Nothing happened yet...everything happened. Heat crawled up my body, reminding me of him and his touch. My lips were definitely bruised up and sore, he wouldn't let go—it was starting to scare me until I convinced him to let me sleep after all that crying. There was still so much I needed to talk to him about but I guess it was going to take some time before we did. He really meant it when he said he was done talking. I slowly turned on my side as to not wake him up,  facing him while he slept and looked at him properly—like really closely. It had been so long since I was this close to him. He was so beautiful, even when he slept he could take my breath away. Is this creepy? Nooo..I'm just admiring the view, that's all..

His electrifying blue eyes remained closed, allowing me to focus my attention on his perfect features. Long eyelashes rested gently on his cheeks, a faint scar lay just under his left cheekbone that intrigued me, I wondered what happened. Shyly—as if this face wasn't all over me hours ago—I gently caressed his face with my fingers, tingles erupting where my skin touched his. This was the first time that I'd been this close to him without his intense eyes on me. I was so close to him that I could see all of the freckles on his face, most of them decorated his nose whilst slowing scattering outwards before fading away. They were adorable. I always wanted freckles, my body was littered with them yet none appeared on my face. At least not in the way his did. So beautiful. My curious fingers gently traced the outline of his jawline, a sharp jawline that suited him perfectly; God definitely had his favourites, that much I knew now. My eyes traveled out towards his plump lips that wouldn't stop kissing me, luscious and juicy—

"You're staring, princezna."

Shit.

"I was not!" I spluttered, moving back to create space and practically run away in embarrassment. He was too quick and I found myself back in his embrace, his face buried in my neck. His eyes remained closed but I could see the faint smile lingering on his face. He was awake this whole time? I was embarrassed, heat crawled up to my face and I wanted to hide. I slowly started to move away, maybe he wouldn't notice it if I did it very slowly. I was wrong. Pinned under him with arms above my head was proof of that. His hypnotising eyes bore into mine heatedly and I sunk further into the mattress, trying to maintain some distance. His soft lips found mine without hesitation and I was melting into the kiss. His kisses were gentle yet passionate enough that I was left feeling breathless every time. He relaxed his hold on my wrists and I gently wrapped my arms around his neck as he touched the side of my face with one hand and wrapped the other around my waist, pulling me closer as he deepened the kiss. Our bodies moulded into each other like it was meant to be. I truly, deeply missed him so much, missed the feeling he gave me.

"Did you like what you saw?" Pietro teased just as I broke our passionate kiss to breathe, his voice so deep it made me shiver. "I wasn't looking!" I gasped, pushing his chest to get up only to land back down with my arms pinned above my head again. Damn it, was he always this good at this?

"You're a very bad liar." He mused, brushing his nose against my neck, sending shockwaves through my body as I arched into him. His words offended me, surely I wasn't that bad at lying, if I was, my clients back at the law firm would surely want their money back now.