My favorite things

Okay, before this starts I want to clarify that this isn't a songfic. The idea was just inspired by the song when it was stick in my head a bit ago.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it as it's my first contest one shot of 2023! 

~~~~~~~~~~

May was super bored. She had already trained her Pokémon well for the day, eaten ramen until the shop cut her off, all her friends were too busy to hang out with her, and she had gone shopping until even that lost its intrigue.

So, with nothing else to do, May decided to just stroll through the town.

Hoping that something, anything, would bring her some entertainment.

For a while, she walked around aimlessly, looking around for something fun. Unfortunately, nothing caught her eye. It was just the same boring activities and the same uninteresting places she had visited before.

May let out a sad huff and slouched in defeat. It really was going to be one of those days and nothing was going to change it. Just when she was about to call it a day and head back to the Pokémon center something caught her attention.

There was a song playing from one of the nearby shops. It wasn't too loud but she could still make out lyrics and music to recognize the song. The song was 'My Favorite Things.'

May stopped to listen and hum along to the song. She had to admit it was pretty catchy. The lyrics even made her mind wonder to things she enjoyed.

"I've got it!" May suddenly exclaimed.

Which earned a few weird looks from people around her. Embarrassed by everyone's staring, May blushed a bit and backed away slowly.

"Right...sorry. I...um...I have to go." May muttered sheepishly.

With that, she ran off. But this time, she had an idea in mind that was sure to bring something to this boring day. She was going to create a list of her own favorite things!

Sure it might not have been the most entertaining thing in the word, but it was the only idea she had. So, she might as well run with it.

Once she got her hands on a sheet of paper and a pen, she she found a table to sit at and began her new activity. First was the title. She wrote out the words in cute bubble letters and added little hearts and flowers around the words.

When she was satisfied, she got to thinking about her favorite things.

"Hmmm, my favorite things..." May mumbled.

She rolled the pen between her fingers as she thought about it. Truth be told, there was a lot of things she liked, but like the song, she wanted it to be a reminder sort of thing. To remember her favorite things when she needed to cheer herself up.

Besides, she was working with a pen and didn't want a bunch of scribble marks all over her list.

"Family definitely. And friends...but most of my friends are like family. Ah, I'll just put both on one line." May rambled quietly to herself.

With that decided, May wrote family/friends as the first item on her list.

"What else?" May questioned.

She clicked the pen a few times as she looked around for some inspiration. Not too far away, May spotted the ramen shop that she had eaten at earlier.

"Ramen? Yep. Mmmmm that sounds good. Maybe I can get them to let me come back once I'm finished with this." May remarked.

With that, ramen took the second spot on her list. From there it didn't take long for other ideas to come.