Birthday present

It was that time of year again. A day Drew didn't care for and didn't share the date with many. His birthday. Only Solidad really knew and he made sure to keep it that way. Just to be safe, he hid away in his room at the Pokémon center. No fangirls and no one to disturb him.

Though, he did wish a special someone would come and spend time with him.

To his surprise, there was a knock at his door. He got up to answer it, secretly hoping it was a particular brunette. He was not so lucky.

"Hi Drew!" Harley sang. "Happy birthday!"

He shoved a large box wrapped in light green paper and an emerald green ribbon.

After the shock wore off, Drew glared at his purple haired rival.

"How did you know? I haven't told anyone." Drew stated.

"Solidad." Harley chirped.

"Really? Solidad told you?" Drew raised an eyebrow.

"Not exactly but it's not important how I know. Just open the gift! I know you will looooove it!" Harley clasped his hands together.

Drew pulled the box threw the door but was still cautious. There could be anything in this box and not all of them were good. Though, he could feel Harley watching him and he knew the only way to get rid of him was open the large gift.

So, Drew lifted the lid and his eyes widened in shock. Laying in the box, was the typical colored paper and a passed out May.

"Really? You kidnapped May?" Drew barked.

"You call it kidnapping, I call it giving a friend exactly what he wants." Harley smiled.

Drew just stared at him in disbelief.

"H-how...how did you even get her in the box?" Drew questioned.

"Just some sleep powder." Harley giggled. Drew scowled at him. "Anyway, I'll let you enjoy your present. You can thank me later."

With that, Harley skipped out and closed the door behind him.

"I will never have understood him." Drew sighed.

Then he heard shuffling and a slight groan. He turned back towards the box just as May popped up with a sheet of paper on her head. At first, her back was to him.

"Where am I? How did I even get here and why am I in a box?" May wondered aloud. Drew cleared his throat and she whipped around to face him. "Drew? What happened? Why am I in a box?"

"Harley." Drew replied. May nodded. For her, that was explanation enough. "Here. Let me help you out." Drew offered her his hand.

"Thank you." May accepted.

Once she was out, Drew pulled the paper off her head and threw it back in the box.

"Of course." Drew gave a nod.

A slight awkward silence followed.

"So...why are you still in your room?" May asked.

"I like to stay out of sight on a day like today." Drew replied.

"What is day?" May titled her head.

"My birthday." Drew sighed.

He figured there was no point in denying it. She would find out eventually.

"What? Why would you want to hid away on your birthday? Birthdays are supposed to be fun and you can eat all the cake you want." May remarked.

"I just never really liked it. I don't need anything and I don't want people feeling like they have to give me something. So, I usually just stay in by myself." Drew explained. "But apparently, Harley doesn't agree."

"Speaking of Harley, any idea why he kidnapped me?" May pondered.

Drew raised an eyebrow.

"Apparently, you're my present." Drew answered.

"What?" May blushed.

"May, look at the box you were in." Drew smirked a bit.

May turned back to the box and it dawned on her. It was clearly a birthday gift and she was the only thing that in it. Aside from all that colored paper.

"Oh." May muttered. Her cheeks were quickly painted a dark crimson as realization came over her. She was Drew's present. "Um...yeah...that."

Drew's smirk grew as he stepped closer. This was to perfect and she was so adorable all flustered.

"Honestly, I might just have to thank Harley." Drew flipped his hair.

"What...what do you mean?" May turned back to face him.

"I love my present." Drew cupped her cheek.

Her eyes widened in surprise.

"You...you do?" May stuttered.

Was this really happening or was she just imagining this? All of this seemed to good to be true.

"Yes. I love you May." Drew confessed.

He had the warmest smile and such deep love reflecting in his eyes. May felt her heart melt but also beating rapidly all at the same time. Drew was so close, but wouldn't go any closer. As much as he wanted to kiss her, he couldn't do it. He wouldn't pressure her. If she felt the same and wanted to do this, than it is up to her.

But May couldn't take it. The one she loves being this close after saying the words he she wanted to hear for so long. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him like she had always wanted. Drew quickly pulled her close and kissed her back.

They put everything into the kiss. Everything they were feeling and had ever felt for each other until their lungs cried for air and they had to pull back.

"I love you too, Drew." May smiled.

Drew's smile only grew as he lead her over to sit on the small couch. There they sat for the rest of the day, enjoying the warmth of each other's embrace.

"Best birthday present ever."

THE END!!!