The big day

Their big day had finally arrived and Drew couldn't be happier. He smiled into the mirror as he adjusted his bow tie. In only a few minutes, he would be marrying the love of his life. The memories of when he asked her flooded through his mind, making his smile grow even wider.

Flashback

"Drew! Hurry! I don't want to miss this!" May yelled over her shoulder.

"I'm coming May!" Drew called back.

Truth be told, this was a set up. Drew wanted to slow them down enough for it to be perfect when they reached the top of the hill. You see, Drew had asked someone to spill about the annual Dustox migration. That way, she wouldn't suspect him. But May didn't know that and May being May, wanted to get there early.

"Drew! Come on!" May grumbled.

"Don't worry. We won't miss a thing." Drew assured with a smile. "See, it hasn't even started."

Drew took the picnic blanket out and laid it out over the grass. Once set, the two sat down and chatted as they waited for the Dustox to appear.

Then, it happened. Under the sparkling night sky, the Dustox fluttered out and began to mingle and find their mates. It was a beautiful sight. All on lookers could really see the connections form between each Pokémon. May stood up to get a better look but Drew was more focused on May.

A few minutes passed and Drew couldn't wait a moment. It was time. Drew too stood up and walked up behind her.

"May." Drew announced to get her attention.

May turned to face him, a look of wonder upon her adorable face.

"What is it?" May asked.

"There is a very special reason we are here tonight." Drew gently took her hands. "Much like these Dustox, I was lucky enough to fine someone I love more than anything. So, I think it's time we copy the Dustox and spend the rest of our life's together." He got down on one knee and presented her with the opened ring box. "May, will you marry me?"

May had the biggest smile. She too got on her knees before as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Yes. Yes. I'd be honored to marry you." May cried as she leaned towards him. "I love you so much."

With that, they shared a sweet yet passionate kiss as Drew slipped the ring on her finger.

End of flashback

"Drew." Ash, Drew's best man, said as he opened the door. "It's time."

Drew nodded and went to wait at the altar. So, there he stood, waiting patiently for his beautiful bride. Next to him stood Ash and the ring bearer, Max.

"You ready for this." Ash whispered to the groom.

"More than anything." Drew replied. "You should get ready too though. Your big day is coming up too and I'm sure our maid of honor is looking forward to it too."

Ash's mouth flew open to retort but the music started before he could. Everyone turned their attention to the aisle.

In walked Skitty and Glaceon, spreading flower petals as they went. Both Pokémon were dressed up for the occasion in shades of pink with rose crowns. Next up was Dawn, the maid of honor. She was dressed in a lovely pink dress with the sleeves resting on her shoulders.

Finally, it was time for the bride. She walked in with her dad and everyone lit up at the sight. Drew smiled at her, knowing that in that moment, he was the luckiest man alive.

Her wedding gown had flowery looking straps with shiny rose outlines along the top. Her skirt was layered in a shimmery fabric to look like white rose petals. A crown of white roses with a single red rose say on her head along with the decorative vail. An assortment of flawless red roses bundled together in her hands.

Finally, Norman and May had arrived at the altar.

"I give you my daughter but you better take good care of her." Norman threatened. "Or else you will have to deal with my Slacking."

"Dad!" May groaned.

Drew had become accustom to threats from Norman over the years. But neither of them had anything to worry about.

"I have no doubt but believe me, you won't have to." Drew assured.

May smiled warmly to him as Norman gave a nod of understanding and gave away his daughter.

May handed her bouquet off to Dawn and interlocked her fingers with Drew's.

"Now, we are gathered here today to unite these two in an ever lasting love of marriage. Our lovely prince and princess of Hoenn have written their own vows. So let's begin. If the ring bearer would step forward."

Max stepped forward and offered the rings for them to take when they were ready.

"I'd like to go first." May chirped. Drew gave her a nod. "Drew, when we first met, I might not have been very fond of you."

"Fair enough." Drew chuckled.

May giggled before she continued. "But as we continued to bump into each other and spend time together, I fell in love. Even with our rivalry and all your fangirls against us, I fell hard. Now, I'm overjoyed to be standing here today and being by your side for the rest of my life. And I always will be." She put the ring on his finger.

"May, from the first time we met, I knew you were something special. From your second contest, I knew you would always have a special place in my heart. You are the best thing to ever happen to me and I love you more than anything. I wouldn't change a thing about you, even with your adorable clumsy. I am grateful everyday that you choose to be with me." Drew put her ring on her finger as well.

"If anyone here believe that these two not be wed, speak know or forever hold your peace." They looked to the crowd and all were silent. "Now, you may kiss the bride."

The word was given and Drew pulled his lovely bride in and kissed her. Cheers erupted from their friends and family. Though the new couple didn't care, for they were just so happy that they were finally together.

With the ceremony over, May threw her bouquet into the crowd of waiting woman. I'm sure you can guess who caught it. That's right, the made of honor. Then they were off to the reception and had a great time. It was a beautiful start to their new life together.

THE END!!!