Of memories and red roses

Soft cries of the famous princess of Hoenn sounded within the small room at the Pokémon center. May's face buried in a pillow, now soaked with tears. She couldn't believe this was happening to her and especially to him. The memories hammering in her mind without mercy, making her cry harder.

Flashback

May was running through town in a hurry, nothing caring who she bumped into. She was headed to the beach to meet Drew. He had left her a note that morning, that told her exactly how he felt and told her to meet him if she felt the same. So that's where she was headed, determined to tell him exactly how she felt.

However, when she got to the beach, he was nowhere in sight.

"Drew! I'm here! Where are you?" May called but got no reply. "Drew!"

"Rose!"

It was a Pokémon, and not just any Pokémon. It was his. May ran in the direct of the Pokémon's call. She rounded the corner of a large stone and stopped in her tracks. There, laying unconscious in the sand with waves brushing against him, was Drew. His Roserade standing next to him, looking badly beaten.

"Drew!" May suddenly raced to him. "Please be ok. Please wake up." She tried to shake him awake but he didn't budge. Then, she noticed a nasty gash on his forehead. "No!" May gasped. She had to get him out of here and make sure he is ok. So, in a hurry she called out one of her Pokémon. "Beautifly, use psychic on Drew!"

Once beautiful was out, she gently picked Drew up, making sure not to move him to much. Then May picked up Roserade and they went back to town.

First, they took Drew to the hospital and made sure he was safely checked in. Then she took Roserade to the Pokémon center to be healed. She waited at the center for Roserade. Even if she was really anxious and really worried, May also knew that where was nothing she could do until the doctors were finished examination him.

Thankfully, Roserade was healed and May was able to return her and go check on Drew's condition at the hospital.

"Excuse me?" May asked one of the nurses behind the front desk. "Is there any news about Drew Hayden?"

"Let me check." The nurse replied and typed some stuff into the computer. "Looks like he is in room 30A. You are welcome to-"

"Great thanks!" May bolted to go find him. She ran to the room, nearly crashing as she went. She spotted Drew and to her relief, he was awake. "Drew! I'm so glad you are ok. You have no idea."

Drew just stared at her for a moment in confusion.

"Who are you?" Drew asked.

The moment the words left his mouth, May's heart shattered. He didn't know her anymore and if he didn't know her, he didn't love her.

"I...I'm no one." May faked a smile. "Um...here is your Pokémon. All healed up and ready for you." She quickly handed him Roserade's Pokéball. "Look at the time. I really should be going. Bye!"

End of flashback

"Why did this have to happen? Why now? When I just had him." May cried.

As much as May wanted to stay in the room and wallow in her heartbroken sadness, her stomach disagreed. So, she decided to go out and eat away her sorrows.

She went to a random restaurant and ordered a bunch of stuff. Though, much to her disappointment, all the food soon disappeared. With not much else to do, May payed the bill and went for a walk.

It wasn't much fun, for the heartbreak was still very present. She let out a sad sigh as she walked aimlessly.

"Hey!"