Make up, confess up

Drew was walking around town. On the outside, he looked normal, but inside, he was fuming and grumpy. He had a fight with May a few days prior and it was eating him up.

"Rose?" His Pokémon partner questioned beside him.

"I'm fine." Drew stated.

Roserade knew that was a lie, but didn't pester him further. Now was not the time for that.

The two continued to walk, but were stopped by a friend of theirs.

"Dreeewww!"

"Oh no." Drew muttered under his breath, but stopped anyway.

"Drew! There you are." Harley clasped his hands together.

"What do you want?" Drew asked.

"You to come with me somewhere." Harley answered.

Drew raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Where?"

"Oh just follow me." Harley tried to grab Drew's arm.

"Touch me and it will be the last thing you do today." Drew threatened, stepping out of his reach.

Harley pouted, thinking of a way to make him come. He then looked to Roserade for help. Roserade smiled in agreement. She used her one of her vies from vine whip to grab his arm. Drew glared at his Pokémon.

"Yay! Come along this way." Harley cheered, leading them.

Roserade pulled Drew along after Harley.

"I hate you both." Drew growled.

"We love you too, Drew." Harley chuckled.

Drew rolled his eyes, but let himself be pulled around by his Pokémon. They walked up to a restaurant, and at first, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. That is, until he spotted May being lead around by Solidad through the window. Drew halted, no longer allowing himself to be dragged around. Harley noticed the sudden stop.

"What's wrong?" Harley asked, playing innocent.

"I'm not going in there, and you can't make me." Drew stated, firmly.

"But we NEED you to come with us!" Harley argued.

"Nope, not doing it." Drew crossing his arms.

"Roserade, please convince him." Harley begged.

Roserade smirked and nodded. This time, she grabbed both of his arms and pulled harder, until he was unable to resist. They entered the restaurant, much to Drew's protest.

"Solidad! So glad you could make it. Oh and you brought May! What a surprise!" Harley greeted, overly exaggerated. "I brought Drew too! Isn't that fun?"

"Yeah, sure is Harley." Solidad smiled.

"What are we waiting for? Let's take a seat." Harley chimed. "I'll sit with you Solidad and Drew and May can sit together!"

The two teens were shoved into one side of a booth, with Drew on the outer side. Roserade guarding it so Drew could not escape. May and Drew wouldn't look at each other at first. Drew glared at the the two across him. They all stayed silent. Solidad and Harley smiled as if there was no tension at the table.

Drew could feel May's eyes on him, but he refused to meet her gaze. He brought his hand up rested it against the side of his face to block his view. He knew what the plan was, and yes it needed to be done, but not in a restaurant with a bunch of other people. He stared at Solidad, trying to communicate telepathically with her.

'Ok, I will do it, but not here. It needs to be somewhere private.' Drew thought.

"Then how will we trust you to get it done?" Solidad asked. Drew gave a look of surprise. He looked to Roserade then back to Solidad. "Alright, but you're going to need to do something...in addition if we let you leave."

"Fine." Drew agreed. "Let's go, May." He took her hand and lead her out of the restaurant, Roserade followed close behind.

"Wait, Drew, what's going on?" May questioned.

Drew didn't answer. He just lead her into the woods, away from prying eyes. If he was going to do this, he didn't want anyone else to see or hear it. Once he was satisfied, he let go of her hand. He stepped away from her to think.

"Just give me a second." Drew muttered.

May sat down on a rock, and watched him. Drew was trying to piece together how he was going to tell her how he feels about her.

'Ok, just tell her you love her, get rejected, wallow in your own self pity for a while, then move on through life. Simple.' Drew thought.

"Rose, rose." Roserade declared, telling Drew to hurry it up and tell her.

"Its a lot harder than you think Roserade." Drew grumbled.

Roserade rolled her eyes and crossed her flowered arms. "Rose."

"Whatever." Drew muttered.

May looked at the two, worried. Not really understanding what his Pokémon was saying, but was able to see that it was an argument.

'Was it about the fight we had? Gosh, that was so stupid. I should apologize.' May thought. She stood up from the rock and approached him. "Drew?"

Drew froze. There was something about the tone in her voice just then, that affected him to no end. It was so bad, that sometimes even made him forget how to speak properly.

'No, not that voice.' Drew panicked. 'That is not what I need right now.' "May, I need a minute."

"Ok." May said, sadly.

'Just get it over with!' Drew screamed in his head. 'You've put this off long enough.' "May, I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean a word of it, I was just... frustrated...with myself, so I lashed out. I'm really sorry." Drew apologized.

"It's ok Drew. I'm really sorry for the things I said too. It wasn't right." May rested her hand on his shoulder.

"At least what I said wasn't true." Drew muttered.

"Drew, what I said wasn't true either. I was just mad. Please don't think that of yourself. You are so a super talented coordinator, great with your Pokémon, and people love you. Don't let one fight make you think any less of yourself." May gave a reassuring smile.

Drew just stared at her for a moment. "You really are amazing, you know that." Drew chuckled to himself. 'How did I ever got lucky enough to know her?'

"Thanks." May remarked, a light blushed dusting her cheeks.

"It's no wonder I fell in love with you." Drew admitted.

"You...you what?" May stuttered, believing she heard him wrong.

"I fell in love with you, May." Drew repeated. "You have no idea how amazing you are. You're so talented, strong, and let's not forget beautiful. You are a wonderful girl May."

"Oh Drew." May chirped.

"You don't have to say anything. I'll just leave you alone." Drew turned away from her.

"No, wait! Drew!" May grabbed his arm to stop him. "I feel the same way."

"You do?" Drew asked, surprised.

"Yes! I love you, Drew!" May squealed.

They smiled to each other, and slowly began to lean forward, until their lips met.

"May, will you be my girlfriend?" Drew asked when they parted.

"I'd love to." May cooed.

Meanwhile, Solidad and Harley were in a bush watching them.

"Yes! They are finally admitted their feelings!" Harley cheered.

"I know. Let's just hope it doesn't make them any more awkward." Solidad laughed.

THE END!!!