Only you (high school AU)

In case I forgot to mention, they are all in Sophomore year for this. 

Also this is longer than most of my past one shots. I hope it isn't too much and that you all enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~

Another long day, another girl asking out Drew Hayden. This time, it was a sweet purple haired girl from his math class. She offered him a valentine like card and confessed to him. However, like all the others, Drew turned her down as politely as possible.

May sighed as she watched. It was always the same. Even when they were in middle school girls flocked around him, and she doubted it would ever change. Maybe when he found his dream girl.

She looked away from the scene and shook her head. So, what if she had been friends with him since elementary school and started crushing on him in middle school. It wasn't her business if Drew decided to date one of his admirers.

It's not like she would ever risk confessing and risk their friendship. It was better that way, May convinced herself. Besides, why would Drew feel that way about someone like her?

"Are you going to keep staring or are you going to finally make a move?"

May let out a yelp as she spun around to meet her redheaded, sporty friend, Misty. An eyebrow raised and crossed her arms firmly over her chest. May sheepishly tapped her fingers together as she avoided her friend's accusing eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." May denied.

Misty rolled her eyes, not believing her for a second. She threw her arms up to emphasize her point as she continued.

"Oh, come on, May. You couldn't be more obvious about it if you tried. Everyone knows. Except Drew, but I expected as much." Misty grumbled.

May looked away before her friend could catch her blush.

"Even so, it doesn't matter. It's not like he will ever feel the same way." May muttered the last part under her breath. "Besides, it's not like he will ever say yes to any of those girls."

She laughed awkwardly in hopes that Misty would drop it. With a huff, Misty crossed her arms. She knew that May was too stubborn when it came to Drew and her feelings. But she still had to say something. To warn her at the very least.

"Whatever you need to tell yourself. But if you're not careful, there might just be a girl that will come in and sweep him off his feet." Misty stated.

May gulped but nodded. Although, she didn't really think it was a possibility after he rejected just about every girl in school, there was always a chance. Even if it was a slim one.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a team to whip into shape. See you around." Misty waved.

"Good luck with that." May called after her. "For both you and that poor team."

With that, May slung her backpack over her shoulder and headed for the door. She was glad to be done with school for the day. Especially since it meant she got to spend time with a certain someone.

Just outside the school's gate stood the school's heartthrob, Drew Hayden, himself. And he was waiting for her!

Ever since their middle school days, they walked home together. It was their own little tradition. Just the two of them and their own little adventures.

"Hey, Drew." May greeted.

He straightened as he turned to face her. A teasing smile already on his lips.