A little more than a hint

Her beautiful sapphire blue eyes. I can't help but get lost in them whenever our eyes meet. And the way they gleam when she is angry is yet another addition to her endless stunning glow. She might not think it, but she is by far the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen. I am so lucky to have met her, and I look forward to every time we bump into each other. I always look forward to her reaction to my gifts of red. I just wish

"Hey Drew, what are you doing?"

Drew quickly hid the paper he was writing on. He knew that voice to well and he had to make sure she didn't know what or who he was writing about.

"Hello May." Drew greeted with a flip of his hair. He stood up from the chair he was in and turned to her as he said this.

May rolled her eyes, but repeated "What were you doing?"

"Before I answer that, I'd like to know how much you read." Drew responded.

"Ok then, who is the girl you are writing to? You must be really in love with her to think so wonderfully of her." May answered.

Drew blushed and turned away slightly. "Yeah." Drew muttered.

"So, who is she?" May pressed for more information. Drew turned back to her, a questioning look, as if it were absurd for him to tell her. "Oh come on Drew. Are you really not going to tell me?" May crossed her arms. Drew didn't reply. May thought about it for a moment "What if I guess who she is?"

"You can try." Drew remarked.

"Ok, hmmm. So from your writing I know she had blue eyes. Is it...Solidad?" May questioned.

"No. And don't you think she is a little old for me?" Drew retorted.

"Well..." May shrugged. "Anyway, back to guessing. Um, is it Brianna?"

"Nope." Drew answered.

"But, that's everyone you know who has blue eyes. Can you give me hint?" May begged.

"No." Drew replied.

"Aw come on! Just a little hint...like...what's the first letter of her name?" May asked.

"Nope, especially not that hint." Drew stated.

"Please?" May begged.

"No." Drew answered, sternly.

"Pleeeease?"

"No."

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?"

"No."

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!"

"No."

"Why not? It's just one letter. What could it possibly do?" May grumbled.

"A lot actually." Drew argued.

"Oh yeah?" May countered.

"Yeah." Drew stated.

"Why is that?" May challenged.

Drew was getting frustrated with all the pestering, and gave a little more than just a hint.

"Because it's only three letters, May." Drew answered, but quickly realized what he just said. He turned away from her, his eyes glued to the ground and his cheeks stained crimson.

May too, blushed, beginning to put it all together. "Sapphire blue eyes, getting angry around you, the gifts of red, or rather red roses...is it...me?"

Drew turned a little more away from her and muttered "Yes, it's you."

May smiled, extremely happy. The boy she fell in love with, not only felt the same, but thought so highly of her. It was a dream come true.

"Drew?" May remarked, trying her best to keep her excitement under control.

"Listen, can you just pretend you didn't hear or see or know any of this?" Drew asked, still not turning towards her.

"Drew, can you please look at me?" May begged.

"If I look at you can you consider forgetting everything?" Drew offered.

"I'll consider it." May had to stifle a giggle.

"Fine." Drew turned around to face her and was met with a surprise.

Her lips meet with his for a second. When she pulled away, she couldn't hold in her laughter anymore. The look of shock on his face, coupled with the bright red blush, was just too priceless.

"Hahahaha!" May squealed in fits of laughter. "The look on your face!"

"Ha ha, hilarious." Drew retorted, bitterly. He still believed that she didn't feel the same and was just toying with him.

"I'm sorry it's just...I couldn't hold it in anymore. It was just...to good. Anyway, to answer the question I'm sure you're dying to know is....yes, I love you too." May smiled, but began to giggle at the look of shock that reappeared on his face.

"So, you do, really love me?" Drew asked, still in disbelief.

"Yes!" May squealed and kissed him yet again. This time though, Drew had the chance to kiss her back. After a few minutes, they parted. "Now aren't you glad you gave me a hint?" May smiled.

"I'd say it was a little more than a hint." Drew chuckled.

"I guess so." May giggled. "Can we go get something to eat? I'm hungry."

"When aren't you hungry?" Drew bantered.

"When aren't you arrogant?" May countered.

"Touché." Drew flipped his hair. "Let's go."

THE END!!!