Really important to me

It all started with a loud scream in the darken forest. Drew had been walking though when he heard it and knew who it was immediately. May and she was in danger. He quickly called upon his Flygon to help find her. Thankfully, he found her just in time.

She was cornered on a cliff by a herd of wild Zangoose and they didn't look happy with her. She was to close to the edge. Another step and she could fall.

"Someone help!" May pleaded.

Then without warning, one of them sprang forward to attack her. However, as she tried to avoid it, she lost her footing and fell. Just in the nick of time, Drew swept in on his trusty Pokémon and caught her just as she fell unconscious. He was finally able to breath again with her in his arms.

"How do you get yourself into these kinds of situations, May?" Drew asked even though he knew he wouldn't get a response. "Flygon, take us to the Pokémon center."

"Gon!" The dragon Pokémon sounded in understanding.

Drew sighed and looked at down at the girl in his arms. Her hair flapping around her face as they flew. Oh he cared so much for this girl. The mere thought of her brightened his mood and her presence was enough make him feel like he could do anything. As long as she was there.

They had been through so much together. Sure their first meeting was the best and their start was ruff, but it doesn't change what he feels now. Now, he loves her, more than anything. If something ever happened to her, it would break him beyond repair.

If only he had the courage to tell her. Then maybe he wouldn't worry so much. But he was so scared. He didn't want to screw up the best thing to ever happen to him, so he kept his mouth shut.

"Gon." Flygon announced as he landed.

"Thanks Flygon." Drew sighed.

He slid off his back with May still in his arms. He managed to return his Pokémon before entering the Pokémon center.

"Hello and welcome to the Pokémon center, how can I...oh my! What happened to her?" Nurse Joy worried.

"She fell but I caught her before she got hurt. Can I get a room for two please?" Drew asked.

"O...of course." Nurse Joy nodded slowly and handed him a room key.

"Thanks." Drew nodded and took the key.

With that, he was off to the room. Once inside, he gently set May on the bed and got her settled. Took off her shoes, fannypack, bandanna, and covered her up. Before he went to his own bed, he pressed a quick kiss upon her forehead.

"Goodnight May." Drew smiled.

Then he got ready for bed himself and soon feel asleep.

The next morning, May was the first to wake up. Though her head was pounding as she sat up with a groan.

"Oh...my head." May complained.

"May? You ok?" Drew yawned as he sat up.

May turned and giggled slightly. This was the first time she had seen him with bed head and it was pretty cute.

"What?" Drew asked.

"Nothing." May answered. "But...um...how did I get here?"

"You were in a tight spot with some Zangoose and I caught you. Then I brought you here." Drew replied as he stretched.

"Wow. Thank you." May chirped.

"Of course." Drew remarked. "I was more than happy to help you. You're important to me."

May smiled to herself touched that he cared so much. However, she wasn't really thinking about what was about to come out of her mouth.

"You are going to make a girl very happy someday." May commented.

"Yeah." Drew looked away.

This got May curious. "Have you ever done that?"

"Done what?" Drew looked back to her.

"You know, been in love?" May clarified.

"Yes." Drew answered with a great sigh.

"Oh...what is she like?" May faked a smile.

"Well, she is wonderful. A bit temperamental, but really sweet and amazing with her Pokémon. With everyone she meets really. She is so talented and beautiful too. I'm thankful everyday that I got the chance to meet her. She is the most important person in the world to me."

"Wow. She is a really lucky girl." May muttered evidently saddened by his words.

This struck Drew with a new scene of shock. Was she really sad that he was in love? Did she really not know that it was her?

"Are...are you...jealous?" Drew asked.

"What? No! I just...I just..." May trailed off. "Maybe I am...but can you blame me?"

Drew couldn't help but laugh. This whole situation was such a mess of confusion and complications that was also completely perfect. May looked away as tears formed in her eyes. She should have known better. Drew noticed and quickly joined her on her bed.

"Hey, there is no need to be sad. In fact I think that you should know that the only girl I have ever loved is none other than you." Drew remarked.

"What?" May whipped back around to face him.

"It has always been, and it always will be you. You are really important to me." Drew smiled.

"Oh Drew." May hugged him. "I love you too."

They pulled apart and shared a kiss that was long overdue. It was blissful and far better than any dream.

From that day forward, they become a couple and were always sure to show the other how important the other was to them.

THE END!!!