May

Ah, the month of May. It was by far Drew's favorite month of the whole year. Was it because of a certain rival of his? Maybe so, but Drew would never admit to that. Not out loud anyway.

If asked, he would say it was because it was the ideal season for his roses and a great time to train for his contests. Simple as that.

Most people would accept his answer and leave it at that. He was grateful for those kinds of people. But unfortunately for Drew, Harley, and sometimes even Solidad, weren't most people.

And here is one shining example of Harley's lack of normality.

"So, Drew. I hear from Solidad that May is your favorite month out of the whole entire year. Is it true?" Harley asked him eagerly.

Drew couldn't help but grit his teeth. The purple haired man always had the absolute worst timing for these kinds of topics when, and only when, he was around May.

But of course, Drew knew Harley well enough to know that this was done on purpose. He just didn't know how Harley always managed to find them whenever they were alone together. It was like a sixth scene that only Harley possessed.

Drew hadn't told anyone where he was going, and even, he didn't plan to run into May out here. Yet, Harley managed to find them. Because that's just what he does.

The two had just finished up a spur of the moment training match in an open field. It had just been the two of them and their chosen Pokémon.

At least, until Harley unexpected dropped in on them.

"Yes, it's true. Now can you leave us be?" Drew answered, casually.

May was definitely intrigued by this information. A large part of her hoped it meant something more, but she still had her doubts. This was Drew after all. Her rival, that could have any girl that he wanted. No way he would pick her...right?

"Really?" May asked.

Drew glanced back at May, and despite his panic, he kept his expression neutral.

"Yeah." Drew shrugged. "It's a nice month. It's when Roserade looks her best and is great for training."

She shook her head, mentally dismissing her previous hopes.

"Oh. That makes scene." May nodded slowly.

Unlike May, Harley wasn't going to back down so easily. He would get the answer he had come to find. One way or another.

"Are you sure? Is that really all there is to it? Not because of a certain rival of ours?" Harley pressed.

Drew stared at Harley with the most deadpan expression he could muster before replying.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now can you leave. We need to get back to the Pokémon center to heal our Pokémon." Drew stated.

Harley glared back at him, in search of the slightest hint of fib. Luckily, Drew was an expert at putting on a show, regardless of the stage he stood on. When Harley couldn't fine what he was looking for, he stepped back.

"You win this for now, but I will be back. Mark my words Drew." Harley pointed at him accusingly.

With that, Harley disappeared in typical Harley fashion. Drew finally released a heavy breath of relief. Honestly, it was miracle he lasts as long as he did.

"What a pain." Drew groaned to himself.

But he didn't turn around to face May. He couldn't. Not yet anyway. He needed to calm his nerves first.