Practicing

The contest season was over for the year, giving a nice break to the coordinators who fought so hard.

One of these coordinators was taking the time to practice, but the usual kind of practice he dose for a contest. Nope. Drew Hayden was practicing for something very different. He was practicing how to confess to the girl he has come to love.

"Ok, let's run through this again." Drew sighed. "May I-"

"What are you doing?"

Drew jumped, feeling all his hair stand on end as whipped around to see Solidad with a questioning look.

"Oh. It's just you." Drew relaxed.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" Solidad took a step closer. "Still practicing for the contest season next year?"

"Not exactly." Drew turned away a bit.

Solidad was even more curious, though she did know it had something to do with May. The boy's feelings have definitely grown over the time he had gotten to know his rival. Everyone knew it. Except for May.

"So, planning something special." Solidad remarked. "Maybe for a certain brunette rival of yours."

Drew turned to face her again.

"How did you know?" Drew questioned.

"We have known each other to long, Drew." Solidad chuckled. "And your feelings aren't exactly subtle. Expect to May."

"I know." Drew placed his hand to his forehead. "But that's why I did to practice for this. I want it to be perfect. To get my feelings across and have her understand how important she is to me."

Solidad nodded in understanding.

"I wish you luck Drew." Solidad patted him on the shoulder. "But I don't think you will need it. I'll see you around Drew."

Just as Drew turned towards her, she was gone. He let out a breath and shook his head.

"I hope you're right." Drew muttered.

After that, Drew continued to practice his full confession, down to the littlest detail. He was after all, a perfectionist when it came to his practicing and plans for his coordinations. Even if this wasn't a contest, he would still work just as hard. Because May was worth it to him.

He had spent so much time practicing, he hadn't realized how much time had passed. The sun was beginning to set but at least he was finally satisfied.

"Ok. Time to tell her." Drew said to himself.

"Drew!"

He froze at the sweet voice. It was May. She was here and suddenly everything he had practiced disappeared. What would he do now?

"Oh! There you are. Solidad sent me to come get you since it's getting late." May chirped.

"Solidad?" Drew questioned. "Did she say anything else?"

"Nope." May shook her head. "Why are you all the way out here anyway?"

Drew laughed a bit to himself. The irony. Here he had been practicing to confess to her all day and now that she was there, standing in front of him, it was all for nothing. He didn't recall any of it.

May raised an eyebrow at his unusual behavior.

"What's so funny?" May asked.

"So many things." Drew replied. "I just did all this practice for this moment and it was useless. So, I'm just going to come out and say it as best I can."

Drew took in a deep breath and stepped in front of her. A light blush dusted both their faces as they locked eyes.

"What are you doing?" May whispered.

"What I should have done a long time ago." Drew smiled. "I'm in love with you, May."

"W-What?" May choked out.

After everything, this was the last thing she expected. They were friends and she had never noticed him act as if he carried such feelings for her. So many questions buzzed in her mind.

Where was this coming from? Did he always feel this way or was this something knew? Why her? But the biggest one, did he mean it?

"I'm in love with you." Drew repeated. "I have been for a long time. It might have started out as a simple crush, but after getting to know you, I fell in love. You are so different from any I have ever met. You are strong, so talented, beautiful, and you aren't afraid to speak your mind. Especially when it comes to me. And no matter what, I just wanted you to know that, even if you don't feel the same."

A huge weigh lifted off Drew's shoulders as he told her his feelings. It felt good, even if he knew the outcome of this.

May was feeling a huge bundle of emotions. Disbelief, joy, excitement, happiness, and most of all, love. She was in love and was thrilled he had the courage to tell her.

"You know, it's kind of a shame I waisted all day practicing and forgot it." Drew muttered.

"Not at all!" May beamed.

"What?" Drew asked, surprised.

"I don't know what you had planned but it lead right here and now and I'm so happy right now!" May hugged him. "I love you too!"

"Really?" Drew questioned.

"Of course!" May smiled. "But, just in case you don't believe me..." May bounced up on her tip toes and kissed him. "...I think that got my point across."

Drew chuckled and pulled her closer.

"It did." Drew smiled. "But I'd like to practice that some more."

"Be my guest." May giggled.

So, he leaned down and kissed her again and again. After all, practice makes perfect. But they didn't need a any in loving each other.

THE END!!!