The way he looks at you

After some time of not seeing each other, May and Dawn decided to catch up over lunch.

"So, how have you been doing? Won any new ribbon cups? How are things with Drew?" Dawn asked.

"I have been doing really well actually, but no new ribbon cup recently. As for Drew...we are still traveling together." May answered before taking a sip of her drink.

"No, I mean, has anything happened with him? You know, has he made a move on you yet?" Dawn questioned.

May nearly choked on her drink at the question.

"Don't be ridiculous." May muttered. "We are friends and besides he would never see me that way." Dawn raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You can't honestly believe he doesn't have feelings for you." Dawn stated. "I mean come on May, it's so obvious. The roses, the way he flirts with you to no end, and the way he looks at you like you are the only girl in the world."

"No he doesn't." May replied quickly.

"Oh please." Dawn rolled her eyes. "It's the same look you secretly give him and don't bother denying it."

"Really? How come I've never seen it?" May asked.

"The same reason he hasn't seen it on you. The both of you try to keep it a secret from each other, but fail to keep it from everyone else. I don't understand why you two haven't confessed. If someone looked at me the way Drew looks at you, I would be so happy." Dawn remarked.

"But you are with someone who looks at you like that." May retorted.

"I know. I'm so lucky to have a guy like Ash, but my point still stands. You two are in love and should tell each other." Dawn reasoned.

"But what if you are wrong?" May murmured, her eyes glued to her drink.

"I'm not. Trust me." Dawn assured. "Next time you are with him, pretend you aren't paying attention. That's when it happens. He let's his guard down and will show it when he thinks you won't notice."

"You are sure?" May questioned.

"Absolutely positive." Dawn smiled.

"Alright. I'll try it when I see him later." May replied.

"Great! Be sure to call me after and tell me everything." Dawn beamed.

"Sure." May giggled at her friends excitement.

With talk of Drew out of the way, they caught up on other things until they finished their meals. Once they paid, they went their separate ways to rejoin their traveling companions.

"Hi Drew." May greeted.

"Hey May. Ready to get going?" Drew asked.

"Of course." May smiled.

So they began the walk to the text town. They talked as they walked but as usual, May usually took over. Not that Drew minded. He greatly enjoyed listening to her talk, even if it was pure babble.

Even as May talked, she thought about what Dawn said. Could it really be true or was it just wishful thinking? It was worth a try.

"How was Dawn?" Drew asked.

"She is doing well." May replied.

She then retold stories the girls had shared during lunch. Drew listened to every detail with a smile on his face and his hands resting casually in his pockets. May was fairly deep in her story and he was sure she was distracted enough not to notice. He let himself grin like a fool as he watched her go into every little detail.

Little did he know, May was not as distracted as she appeared to be. She just acted normal in hopes to get him comfortable enough to let his guard down, as Dawn put it. However, May couldn't bring herself to look at him.

What if Dawn was wrong? What if he only sees her as a friend and that's all they will ever be to each other? What if she makes a fool of herself and he finds out and never wants to take to her again? But, what if Dawn was right about everything?

May couldn't take it anymore. She peaked at him through her hair as she continued to tell the story. To her surprise, he was, Drew was looking at her as if she were the only girl in the world. The only girl that could possibly made him happy.

"May, what happened?" Drew questioned, concerned.

She was so shocked, she hadn't even notice she had stopped talking and walking altogether. Her cheeks were a bight red as she just stared at him. His features had gone back to normal at this point.

"You...you..." May stuttered, in disbelief.

"What?" Drew asked, alarmed. "What's wrong?" May shut her mouth. What was she supposed to do now? She had no idea. "Can you please say something? You're scaring me."

May took in a beep breath and forced her eyes on his.

"How do you feel about me?" May questioned.

Drew's eyes widened in surprise, but he didn't say anything at first. His mind went completely blank.

"Um...what do you mean?" Drew asked.

"Do you love me?" May clarified. Drew remained silent, unsure what to do or say. He was in unfamiliar territory and it scared him. "Because while I was at lunch with Dawn, she told me she caught you looking at me like I was the only girl in the world." She broke eye contact with him. "I know I just saw it, but I still don't know. Is it true? Do you really see me that way?"

Drew smiled and lifted her chin with his finger to be face to face with her.

"More than you know. I love you so much, May." Drew leaned in and planted his lips on her's.

May gasped against his mouth, but quickly fluttered her eyes closed and kissed him back. They pulled each other close and deepened the kiss. When they finally pulled apart from the kiss, from lack of oxygen, they both had that same loving look as if they were the only two people on earth.

"I love you too, Drew." May breathed.

Drew lifted her chin and kissed her once again. "Let's get going, we still have a lot of walking to do, my lady." He then kissed her hand. The fond look on his face never faded.

"Alright." May beamed.

They continued to walk onto the next town, hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, and continued to steal loving glances at the other.

THE END!!!