Chapter 4: Dead

Katerina's scream was the first thing I heard when I woke up, and it wasn't a happy scream.
"What do you mean Jeremy, how can he be dead?" She screamed and started to pace back and forth, "OK, I'll tell her, yep love you to y'a bratt." and with that Kate hung up and sat next to me with a sigh. "well, they found your father, but they found him... well... they found him dead." I couldn't fight my tears, of course he found a way to escape the publicity reflecting on his future. Damn, why did this happen, all of it? I could tell Kate was angry too. The man took any closure that I could have had and threw it away. I hate him, I hate him so much.
"Was he murdered or did he commit suicide?" I ask her, bit instead of answering me she hands me a note. I decided to read the note later, right now I wanted to hang out with Kate, I loved my now curly hair that she had helped with. We eventually decided to watch TV which we both knew would end badly. Of course the first thing on was Mr. Amerly talking to a bunch of nosy annoying reporters. Why couldn't they worry about a water main break or sonething.
"Is it true that Mr. Condi had originally planned for his daughter Miss Condi to be where he is now?" A reporter asked.
Mr. Amerly kept his cool and evenly ststated, "That information is not open for the public."
"How do you know that Miss Condi is telling the truth, she could just want the attention." The same stupid reporter asked.
" Sir, this is a serious accusation and not one that would be done for attention, I must get back to the office now," Mr. Amerly became my hero that day.
"Let's not watch that," Kate suggested.
"Okay this has been killing me but what is going on between Lucy and your father?"
"They've been dating for 4 years and he was planning on proposing at tomorrow's dinner with the police department."
"Don't say I changed his plan, I would feel so badd if I did"
"No, you didn't so dont worry now let me do your makeup and braid your hair so I know what dress you should wear tomorrow." Kate said as she shoved me into the chair at her make up station.
********************************* Hey, sorry for the short chapter next one will show the letter that Kate gave Ann. I am glad to say my friend leab_lax has started her own book. love y'all :)