Chapter 9: Suicide

So, later, Kate came running down the stairs, waking Jeremy up.
"The hell?" Jeremy asked.
"Sorry, sleeping ugly, but I need Ann to get ready and you should get ready too."
"Ugh, fine." Jeremy said sitting up so I could leave.
"See you in an hour." Kate said, dragging me upstairs."I know, my makeups done and you don't need any, but I wanted to talk and you can actually use eyeshadow."
"What do you want to talk about?"
"Nate texted me."
"Yay!!"
"He asked me out, well he asked me to be his date for next week."
"What's next week?"
"The police department dinner at his house."
"You mean those parties are every week?"
"Yeah, I thought I told you, that's why you got 2 fancy dresses."
"Oh, um ok."
"Go get dressed then we'll leave."
"Ok."
We got downstairs just in time to beat Jeremy to the car. Why did I let her put me in heels, they hurt.
"So," Jeremy said noticing that I had a short sleeve shirt on.
"What?" I asked even though I knew exactly what he meant.
"Guess what?" Kate said barely keeping herself in her seat.
"You are finally realizing what an ass Luke was."
"That and," She said trying to get him to figure it out.
"You dressed appropriately." Kate flopped back in her seat.
"You won't ever guess will you?"
"Probably not."
"Nate asked me out, like for this weekend."
"Finally, he was just waiting for you and Luke to break up."
"Really?" Kate asked.
"Yep." Kate got a huge grin, you could tell she was happy. We sat in silence after that until we got to school. When I got out I noticed kids staring at me, was this what Kate dealt with daily?
"Hey, you haven't said nearly anything to me."
"Sorry, I didn't want to intrude sibling time."
"It's ok." Jeremy said intertwining our hands,"you're blushing."
"I know" I said, almost adding that he always did that to me.
"How are you,"
"Ok, I'll live, I actually feel the best I have in a while."
"Good, you are beautiful."
"Why did you say that at such a weird time?"
"Because I did,"
"Ok, so, math class here we come." I said leading us down the hall. When we got to math Mr. Robson wasn't there, like usual, he was late. Should it be suspicious that he is always late and shows up with Becky all the time?
"Why do you think he isn't here yet."
"I don't really give a shit, he could be screwing someone for all I know."
"I don't think he's like that, at least I hope not cause that would be weird cause he isn't married." Just then Becky walked in looking sick, followed by Mr. Robson.
"Class, today I am giving all of you a study hall, Ms. Condi, the office would like to see you," I looked over at Jeremy and Mr. Robson nodded, so we got up and left.
"You think you'll be okay?"
"Depends why they want me, I'll probably make you stay."
"That's fine with me." He said, making me smile.
"Why are all three of us down here?" Kate asked.
"I don't know, what do we all have in common?" But, after Jeremy said that we knew why.
"Ahh, good all three of you are here, your father needs you, IMMEDIATELY." Our principal said.
"Why, what happened?"
"That is not in my knowledge but go to your lockers and get your stuff, I do not think you will be back." we ran to our lockers, Jeremy looked the most worried. Oh god, what if it was about his mother.
"There you are, I need you guys to help me out." Mr. Amerly said when we got in his car, which must have looked weird because he had his police SUV.
"Help with what, dad?" Kate asked.
"I need to know about one of your teachers."
"1,who do you need to know about and 2, what do you need to know."
"Is Mr. Robson 'doing it' with a student."
"What? Ewwwww!!" We all screamed in unison.
"Do you guys know anything about this?"
"He has been showing up late with the same girl every day." I said.
"Who?" Mr. Amerly asked.
"Becky Anniston"
"Thank you, Ann. Well, I also would like you guys to come to a case with me, you might be able to help."
"Ok, what is it dad, homicide, robbery..." Kate said before being cut off by Mr. Amerly.
"Teen suicide."
"Oh," was all we could say. By the time we got to the scene we still hadn't talked. Then again, how could we.
"Here we are," Mr. Amerly said. We got out and I saw the parents and little sister out on the curb, crying.
"My daughter, she's d- d- dead!" The woman said crying.
"Ma'am, look at me please, would you like to come over to sit with me and talk." I asked her.
"No, but can you take my daughter Lisa, somewhere that she doesn't have to be here when the body comes out, please."
"Of course, Lisa, would you like to come here with me." I asked the little girl. She nodded to me and came over to me. I grabbed her hand and walked her to the ice cream shop down the road.
"Is my brother going to be ok?" Lisa asked me, but I didn't know about her having a brother.
"Brother?"
"Nick, she shot him before shooting herself."
"Ok, I will try to find out."
"Thank you, and is my sister dead?" My face must have given me away, because she just looked down at her ice cream.
"I'm so sorry,"
"It's ok, anyways, are you a detective or a chief."
"No, the chief is allowing me to stay at his house with his daughter and he allowed me to come and help since this happened in my family recently. I'm also dating the Chiefs son."
"Aww that's gotta be cute, don't tell my mom this but I have a crush on a boy."
"And what grade are you in?"
"6th"
"Oh, ok"
"What grade are you in?"
"8th"
"Ok, thanks for the ice cream, I should pay you back."
"No, it's fine."
"No it's not."
"Yes it is, so, do you like clothes?" I asked her.
"Yes, but you won't take me shopping."
"That wasn't my plan, I was going to ask you if you wanted to play a game."
"Sure."
"Ok, you are going to draw me your dream dress for either prom or your wedding."
"That isn't a game."
"And I am going to draw what I imagine you in, if I'm close then I get to feel good about myself, which do you want to draw?"
"Prom, then we do your dream prom dress."
"Ok." I said and we started drawing. I was finished after her. I showed her what I saw her in and saw her smile, then she showed me hers, we had almost drawn the exact same thing.
"I can't believe the only difference was the color," she said. Then I got a text, it said.
Jeremy: You can bring the little girl back now, her mom wants her home.
Me: okay:)
"Ok, it's time for me to get you home, so you can see your mom."
"Ok," she said,"you need to let me draw your dream prom dress at some point."
"Later, ok?" She nodded and I took her back home. Her mom was so happy to see her.
"Mommy, can we go see Nickie now? Please."
"Of course," her mom said and mouthed to me, thank you.
I was glad that I could help make it a little easier, unlike with what I had to deal with.
"See you soon," Lisa said. I smiled back to her.
"Nice job," Jeremy said, "the girl needed to be gone, it was gross when the boy came out with the bullet hole in his leg."
"Ewwwwww!" I yelled.
"Yeah, do you want to get some lunch with me?" He asked.
"Of course, why wouldn't I."
"Because it's been a long day."
"Even more a reason."
"Ok," he said. We went to a tiny restaurant to eat, afterwards we took an extended walk home.
"This is nice," I said.
"Yeah, it is," he replied kissing me on the cheek.
"I feel bad for that family." I said.
"Yeah, they lost their oldest daughter and almost lost their only son to their daughter."
"It's terrible."
"Yeah, but sadly it happens."
"Yep" I said.
"When we got to the house I went upstairs and no one asked any questions, since this case was very close to my experience. I grabbed my mothers journal and opened to the page I finished on. It said, December 24, 1993,
Dear diary,
Mike and I were caught making out in the alley today, it was awesome. Now that brat knew that he and I were hooking up. Well, I am going to keep it short today because I have to look beautiful for him when he comes over, we are going to spend a lot of time here.
Love,
Jessica
******************************
Again, sorry for the moms actions, she was crazy in love and wants love badly because of a bad past. Anyways, wow that was like the first time I said anyways this chapter, ok, so, sorry that I took so long, I really wanted this to be a quality chapter. I will upload on this book after this chapter gets 5 reads so read. Ok I am kidding.  Tell me if the picture doesn't come through, oh yeah picture=Jeremy and another song for this book, behind these Hazel eyes by Kelly Clarkson and When she cries by Britt Nicole for the mother and partially for Ann. Love y'all :)