Chapter 5: Party night part 1

The party started at 9 that meant it would be a late party. Kate insisted that we went to the mall to get me a dress since I was way taller and skinnier than her and didn't fit in any of her clothes. So, here we are, walking in a store that I could only dream about buying something from and Kate handed me a beautiful dress. It was light pink and summery and it had sleeves that hid my scars. It looked good on me but it was too lose, I figured everything would be.
"Kate, it's too lose, if I didn't have sleeves I wouldn't have a dress on."
"I can fix that if you want, well Missy could."
"Really, thanks."
"I will do anything for a friend and beauty." I only laughed. I knew tonight had the potential to be perfect for Lucy and Mr. Amerly.
"Is your dad still going to propose tonight at the party?"
"Yeah, he said that nothing could stop it, he loves her so much."
"I wish I loved someone so much that I would do that."
"Love will find you, Ann, trust me."
"Whatever you say."
When we got home Mr. Amerly and Jeremy were sitting at the table. They gave inquisitive looks to our bags.
"What, she needed clothes, stupid." Kate snapped at Jeremy.
"Sorry, I didn't know." He sounded worried, I didn't know why but it couldn't have been good.
"Why is Jeremy acting so weird?" I asked Kate.
"He has been asked to testify against our mom."
"Why, what did your mom do and why is he so worried?"
"Well, when Jer was younger he got sick a lot, and mom got fed up with him, so she started to beat him up, she thought that if he died then everything wouldd stop. Then, he almost told dad and she cut his wrists like yours, she almost killed him, then he had to tell dad, but she was already gone. Now they have found her and he has to testify against her on attempted murder." Whoa, I didn't know what to say, he had been in my position before, why didn't I see the marks, they had to be there still. After that we got ready for the party, I loved how I looked, for once I didn't feel dirty, used, unwanted or like a beast. I felt beautiful. A knock came at the door.
"Kate, hurry up dad needs us downstairs." Kate mouthed "shit" as she ran into the bathroom, she came out with the box for the ring in her hand and slid it into her purse. As soon as we got downstairs Kate handed the box over to her dad and stood smiling.
"How are you girls?" Mr. Amerly asked.
"Good, thank you for letting me stayy here." I said.
"Not a problem."
Wow, my dad never would have let someone stay at the house. He would have had to miss a punching bag dayy or what began to happen if he got really drunk. Him on top of me still haunts me, it always will.
The loud conversation around me was overwhelming, they were talking about my father, I had to get away from them. They seemed nice but these men were strangers, and cops so I knew they wouldn't hurt me but I needed time. I walked up the stairs and into the spare bedroom that Kate had shown me earlier, it was pink and the twice the size of my old bedroom. I knew I would be safe here from the real world. I was in fantasy land when my door opened, it made me think of my father and the first time that he cut me. God why did I always think about him.
"Are you ok? You seem out of it and like you are dead."
"Yeah, I'm fine what about you?" I asked, I imeadiatly knew I shouldn't have.
"Honestly I am terrible, I thought I could testify, but I don't know if I can."
"Testify about what?"
"My mom, but I feel bad that I can get closure from what she did and you can't get closure or justice from your father."
"Why do you feel bad, I am fine with it, anyways my dad would have died in jail so...... yeah."
"Um, OK. You look amazing by the way." I felt my cheeks start to burn.
"Thanks" I really wanted to tell him that I liked him, but would it be weird, "You look really nice too," which he did. Now it was his turn to blush.
"Ok, this might not be good timing but I have a crush on you." Wow!! :) <3 this was amazing but what should I say?
"I have a crush on you too, but I didn't tell you because I thought it would be weird."
"Will you go out with me and be my girlfriend Ann?"
"Yes"
"Will you come downstairs and dance with me please?" My reply was grabbing his hand and run/walking down the stairs. For the rest of the party was hungout, stealing moments of just silence from the party. It was the best and pretty much only party I had ever been at, then at the end of the very last slow song, Mr. Amerly pulled out the box with the ring and got down on one knee.
"Lucille Davis, will you marry me?" Mr. Amerly said.
Lucy looked at him with such happiness and said that one word that changed her life forever, "Yes!"
*******************************
Two huge things this chapter, Lucy and Mr. Amerly& Ann and Jeremy. Also, the mom, Ann's mother will appear soon I promise Ann will say more. Thank you to leab_lax once agian for helping me get this chapter done by telling me how she does it, sneaking in those times where there is no work to do. Also, new book out by me, called Our Story(hunger games fanfiction). Love y'all :)