Chapter 19: Back to School, again

"Hey, how are you beautiful?"
"Good. I'm still tired though."
"That sucks."
"Why?"
"Because we have to go to school. And we can't be late."
"Ugh! I hate school!"
"Well, you have been out for half a year."
"Actually, we couldn't help when school was closed."
"True, anyways, let's go."
"Ok." I said and got up. I pushed him out of my room so I could get dressed. I ran to my closet and pulled out a nice shirt and black dress pants. It wasn't very elegant, but I was manager for the swim team, so I had to dress up for the swim meet. Since school was closed during the girls season, the girls were swimming with the guys. I was responsible for keeping the girls in check. I called Kate over to check my hair. When she finished we walked downstairs to Nate and Jeremy wrestling on the couch. I grabbed my hat off the kitchen table and flipped it around and put it on.
"What you dummies doing?" Kate asked with a laugh.
"This one," Jeremy gestured to Nate, "won't give me the remote."
Kate smirked, "well, neither of you are getting it, because we have to go."
"Well that's no fun." The boys pouted.
"Sucks to suck." I said with a smile. The boys glared at me and Kate as we walked over to them and plopped down next to them. Jeremy automatically grabbed my hand. I smiled at him and pulled him off the couch. Kate grabbed Jeremy and yanked him off the couch, which wasn't cute or romantic at all. She grabbed her swim bag off the floor and walked out. He just walked faster and caught up to her in seconds. They could act like they weren't together but they weren't fooling me. 
"I know that they're dating." Jeremy said in my ear.
"Who are they trying to fool?"
"My dad, he is still upset about what happened with her last boyfriend, he knows Nate wouldn't hurt her though."
"So, he's still probably scared. People have dark sides." I said looking down.
"I know, but I don't want to think that my best friend would hurt my sister, and she's practically his sister."
"Maybe their relationship has just been in the making for so long, that they are just afraid to fully admit to how much they love each other."
"Maybe, hey, the winter dance is coming up, and I was wondering..."
"Yes, I'll go to the dance with you." I said with a smile and slid in the car.
"What took you so long?" Kate asked from the back, where she was no doubt holding Nate's hand.  He whispered something to her and she laughed. I was happy that they were so cute, but sad that they couldn't show everyone how much they cared for each other. But Kate also mentioned that Luke threatened her and Nate. That might be another reason they aren't being open about their relationship. The swim coach also said no relationships on the team. They were massively breaking that rule if they told everyone they were dating. Even though since they are both popular it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but they would still be punished for breaking his rule. But I didn't see why it was such a big deal. It's not like they are making out at meets or practice or when you have someone in your lane and are trying to beat them that they are going easy on each other. I only believe their act of "friendship" when they are at practice or meets. They are good liars, like no joke. If they told me that they weren't dating I might be fooled. But it didn't help that Kate would sometimes be talking to me and he would call. She always smiled when she saw his name on her phone. 
"Earth to Ann."
"Huh?"
"Do you know who is on which relay team?" Nate asked.
"Same teams as usual. You, Kate, Nick and Jill are together still."
"Thanks." Kate said as we pulled up to school.
"Welcome." I said and opened the door. I pulled the seat forward and Kate hopped out. She held on to her skirt as she jumped. I laughed at her.
"Not everyone wears pants Ann. And by the way, nice hat."
"Thanks." I said with a smile. I loved my hat because we had gotten it when we stopped in Cleveland coming back from Jeremy's aunts.
"Welcome," she said and bounced to the door. I walked up towards her.
"I know that you and Nate are dating." I said flatly.
"Is it that obvious?"
"Yeah."
"Ugh."
"At least you are careful at practice."
"Yeah, that's the point. I mean I love him, but I'm afraid to say that again. I told Luke that I loved him. But he didn't really love me."
"I know, and I'm sorry that had to happen to you. Especially because he didn't deserve your love."
"You are an even better friend then Jessica."
"Really? You guys have been friends since like kindergarten."
"Yeah, but she doesn't understand anything I tell her. She just likes fashion."
"Oh. Wow."
"Yeah. Anyways, let's go."
"Let's do this." I said and walked to class. I saw a new woman sitting at the desk.
"Hello girls." She said with a soft voice.
"Hello."
"Kate, Ann, you're back." Nick, one of the boys friends said. We walked over to where he was sitting and sat down.
"Hey, how are you." We asked him.
"Better. How are you guys."
"Way better." I said.
"I'm with Ann." Kate said.
"So who's the new teacher?" I asked him as Jeremy walked in. We were all out so I couldn't ask Kate.
"Mrs. Blake."
"Thanks." I said and turned around so I could face the boys. We were in a square pretty much. Except for Nick, who was like the extension.
"Turn around." Mrs. Blake yelled, "and take off your hat. It's against dress code."
"No it's not. Our dress code said nothing about hats." We all said. That's when I noticed that the boys were wearing their hats. Kate smirked, she knew that this teacher was going to call us out on our hats. 
"All 5 of you. Detention, and go to the office right now!" She yelled and wrote us passes to the office.
"Can you believe her?" The boys asked. Kate made us stop at her locker so that she could grab her hat. When we got mine we all got matching ones. It was kind of a joke. That we were the bad kids and that we were going gangster on our parents.
"Hello dears." The secretary said. We showed her our slips and she sent us to the principals room.
"Hey kids, what's up?"
"Oh, we got yelled at for our hats, the. We said it wasn't against dress code. Then the teacher got mad gave us detention and sent us down here." Nate said casually.
"Let me guess, Mrs. Blake."
"Yep." I said popping the p. She laughed and crossed out the slips that had our detention request. She handed them back to us and dismissed us. We walked back to math and received and evil look from our teacher. When we sat down she put down huge packets of homework on our desks.
"For skipping so much class this is all of your homework." She said. I laughed at her terrible grammar, "What is so funny?"
"Just that you completely ignored that we were doing an investigation and we actually did do all of the homework." I said with a smile. The teacher glared at me and grabbed my arm and drug me out into the hall.
"Owww, you're hurting me. Stop!" I screamed. My friends all got up and ran to the hall. I saw Nick running to the office. Kate, Nate, and Jeremy all ran to me and tried to get the teacher off of me.
"Stop! You're hurting her! Stop!" Kate screamed and tried to push the teacher. Kate eventually gave up and made the boys deal with the teacher. Just then the principal came running down the hall. She yelled at our teacher and she immediately started blaming us.
"Call dad!" Jeremy yelled at Kate. She pulled out her phone, she threw it at the boys. Jeremy caught it and called their dad.
"Ann, are you ok?" Kate asked sitting across from me. Afraid to touch me and hurt me.
"Yeah. I think so. Just make sure she gets fired."
"That won't be a problem. That's like illegal I think. She touched you and dragged you. That's got to be illegal."
"Yeah. If not then I would question our laws."
"Ann, I'm sorry." Jeremy said as he handed Kate back her phone. He walked over to me and hugged me. I winced in pain as my arm hit my side, "oh, sorry."
"It's fine. You forgot." I said and leaned back against the locker.
"Where do you think they found her?" Nate asked trying to lighten the situation.
"Craigslist." Nick said jokingly.
"Ya never know." Kate said with a smile. I started to smile again. These were my friends. Yeah my father was dead, so was my old best friend but I had them, and that was good enough for me.
"Maybe there's a store called, 'bad TEACHERS R US'" Nate said. Barely saying bad and almost screaming the rest. I laughed so hard that I almost started crying. But then our principal asked to speak to all of us.
"Let me start with an apology. The behavior exhibited by Mrs. Blake was unacceptable."
"It's ok." I told her.
"No, it's not. She used excessive force and kept her hold on you even when you were screaming in pain. That is unacceptable on her's and my part."
"You didn't know what was going to happen." I said gently. Just then Mr. Amerly and Mr. Alexander came in. Lucy followed after them.
"Ann, are you ok?" They all asked at the same time.
"Yeah. A little pissed of though."
"I can see why." Mr. Amerly said.
"Where is the teacher?" Lucy asked the principal.
"In the other office." She said. Mr. Alexander and Lucy went to the other office. But Mr. Amerly stayed.
"I would like to speak to all of the children that were possibly witness'." He said.
"Of course. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them had a video."
"Thank you. Kids, I'll be back in a little bit ok?"
"Yeah." We said and rearranged ourselves. We assumed it would be a while, so we moved so that Kate and I were on the couch laying down and the guys were laying down on the floor. Our principal laughed and followed Mr. Amerly out the door. As soon as they were gone Nate popped up and sat on Kate and my feet. Kate slapped him while I pushed him off. He smiled as he got back up and grabbed Kate's hand. He pulled her off the couch and started to tickle her. Jeremy took the opportunity and slid up and took the other side of the couch. I felt bad for Nick because he was the only one that wasn't dating someone.
"Keep the PDA down please!" He said with a laugh. Kate and Nate immediately moved away from each other.
"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.
"You may be fooling everyone else, but I have been your guys' friend for years. You are obviously flirting with each other." He said. Kate and Nate started blushing like crazy and I just laughed and threw a pillow at them. I could get used to this.
*******************************
I'm evillllll, MWHAHAHA. Just kidding, I'm not that evil. Anyways, can y'all believe that this is my 20th part. That is counting the letter. Anyways, this book is actually way more successful then I thought it would be. I thought it would only get read by me and my 3 friends. Who totally are getting a shout out right now so thank you singinggirl0308 leab_lax and notbetty101 so thank you sistas. I am super excited that I have like over 100 reads. Even though that's only averaging like 5 maybe 6 reads per chapter. So please help me get wattpad famous. I would actually really appreciate it. And please no hate, I just don't want to feel like my work sucks. Anyways, my school starts in less than a month. And sports are starting so that means, updates about every 2 months most likely. Even thought one of my stories is already that neglected. Anyways, hope y'all are enjoying this book. Thank you for staying with it this long. And I still have at least another 10 chapters up my sleeve. Love y'all :)