Chapter 21: The Devil Lives

Jeremy and Kate's mom is here. The evil woman that hurt Jeremy beyond repair showed up at Mr. Amerly and Lucy's wedding? How could she do that? Didn't she understand that they were done with her.
"Firstly, may I state that this man is still married to me!" The woman yelled. Jeremy looked down to the floor. I wanted to leave my spot and run to him, but I couldn't, Kate was still gripping my arm.
"No he isn't you delusional psychopath!" Kate screamed. It was weird to see Kate actually mean something to put down someone else.
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, and you already married some other asshole probably!" Kate screamed with tears welling up in her eyes. She let go of my arm and walked to the aisle, "and you don't give a shit about this family! You never have. You hurt your own son. You raped him! Did you know that? Or were you too drunk or whatever the hell you were to realize it? Huh? Did you care when you killed your daughter? My sister! You killed her! And I lied for you! I can't believe I did that! You don't deserve to be walking freely! You should be dead for everything you have done to my family. It isn't even your family!" Kate hissed. There was a new kind of rage with every word. After Kate let go of my arm I ran to Jeremy. He looked like he was about to faint. I grabbed his arm and yanked him away. He had tears running down his face. I ran until we were outside and I couldn't run anymore.
"Ann, what is happening?" He asked me.
"I don't know."
"I'm scared. What if she's back to hurt me?"
"There is a room full of cops that just heard Kate's allegations. And if what Kate said is true your mom is a murder, she has to go to jail. She can't hurt you!" I told him praying that it would be true.
"Can't you see that she has already hurt me beyond repair! Everyone that is in there now knows how broken my family is. They know that my mom is a murder. Now all I will get is pity. The same thing happened when she left. And now you know everything!" He screamed and started to cry even harder.
"That doesn't change anything!" I argued.
"Yes it does. Now it's just sympathy, you don't even care do you? I'm just the hurt little Amerly kid. The one abused by his own mother!" He cried. I couldn't stand to see him crying. I wish I could wrap him in my arms but he might just claim that was proof of sympathy.
"That is not true! When you found out about my dad I didn't accuse you of only being with me out of sympathy, so why do you think it's any different?" I screamed at him. Why did he think of me so poorly?
"Because now every single person knows, and I didn't even tell you myself!"
"It's not any different. I love you. Ok? I need you! I can't let you go!" I cried. Couldn't he see how much I needed him, "you saved my life! I would be dead if it weren't for you! My dad would have made me commit suicide! Do you not understand that?" I screamed.
"So you are only with me because you feel indebted to me?" He accused.
"No! I liked you before then, but I knew I had no chance with you so I just let my crush sit there, in the back of my mind," I yelled at him.
"Why did you think that?"
"You were popular and I was the depressed, abused loser!" I rationalized. Could he not see that it wouldn't have worked? But then again it was working right now.
"Seriously? Is everyone that's abused a loser?" He asked sounding hurt.
"No! But my mom knew what was going on and left! Without me! Can't you see why I would feel like a loser?" I yelled. I didn't even give him a chance to answer before running away. I didn't even know where I was going, just that I had to get away. I ran until I got to the place I used to call my home. I ran to the front door and reached under the doormat that we had to make the house look a little more inviting. We had a key under the mat, but guessing from the state of the door I didn't need it. I opened the door the rest of the way and walked up the stairs to my old room. Now that I think of it my room was just a closet. But this closet was the one place that was mine and mine alone. My father was too big to fit in the closet with me. I tried so hard to not cry even more. My makeup was already ruined. I can't believe Jeremy doubted my love for him. I've always proven how much I love him, but he couldn't look far enough to see that! Why couldn't he see how much I was hurting? I need him! And not just because he saved my life. I need him because I trust him and love him. He is the only person I let into my life and now he's pushing me out of his! And for what reason? Because I might think less of him because he has the same past as me? Seriously, has he forgotten that my life was the same? What happened to always being there for each other? Was that just a big fat lie? Was he just trying to hurt me like everyone else I have loved?
"Ann! You here?" I heard Kate scream.
"Go away!" I screamed through my tears. But she didn't, I heard her footsteps come up the stairs and get louder as she neared the closet.
"Ann, come on, it's ok. I just want to make sure you are ok. I don't want to hurt you. I just want to know that you aren't hurting yourself because of the devil." She said and hesitantly opened the door, "Thank god you're ok!" She yelled and hugged me. I froze for a second before returning her hug. Maybe not everyone I thought cared about me betrayed me.
"I'm fine."
"No you aren't. You aren't hurting yourself but you are defiantly not ok. If you were ok you wouldn't be sitting alone in the place you almost died crying. It's ok to admit that you aren't ok. I'm not ok! I fake it but I'm not ok. I get it! So tell me the truth, how are you?"
"Terrible. Everything is falling apart. Jeremy thinks that I only like him because he saved my life. That's not the only reason! God!"
"Well, did you tell him that?"
"Yes! But he refused to believe me. He insisted that I felt indebted to him and that's why I was dating him." I cried into her shoulder.
"Let's get you back there and show him that you don't need him."
"But I do. I need him to stay sane."
"But guys are weird, if you let his pain die down a little I promise he will listen to you. It might take a little time but I promise, he will come around. He always does with me." She said and released me.
"Thank you for being awesome and actually caring." I sniffed. She smiled and took my arm. She led me out and took me to a small house.
"Don't worry, it's safe here. It's my old house, my safe place. It's ok." Kate told me when I froze. I nodded and kept walking. She unlocked the door and walked in. I hesitantly followed her into the entry room. I took off my shoes and sat on the floor.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't want to move. I'm too tired." I told her.
"Me too, but I force myself to keep going."
"Did she ever hurt you?"
"Not physically, but she mentally hurt me. Tore me down until I started cutting myself, almost let me die. Then let me watch as my little sister died. She was only 2. She had so much life left in her, but my mom, the woman that gave birth to her, killed her. That's when I lost hope in the world. When I thought I wanted everything to end. I cut myself until I passed out. Poor J found me and had to call dad. All because I was t strong enough. I'm so weak! I couldn't stand being called names while my brother was getting beaten by our mom and raped. Explain how much sense that makes!" She cried. I felt like I shouldn't touch her because it was that big for her and that if I touched her she would think it was her mom. Kate sat there and stared at the wall in front of her. That was the moment that I realized the loneliest people are sometimes those that are surrounded by people that fake care about them. And that was exactly how Kate was. She is super sad yet she is somehow she is kind and always smiling. It must take a lot of work to do that every day. That's why she just flops down sometimes. It all makes sense now and I can't believe that I didn't realize that yet with her and Jeremy.
***********************************
Look at me! I updated quickly! I finally got my brain back! Anyways, I saw that this book has over 200 reads and I am super excited about that. I love all of my readers. And I know that it's not the hunger games but the picture fit the chapter so I used it. Also, I would like to put this out there THIS IS FICTIONAL! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED ME SO I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE IT IS COMING FROM! I DON'T KNOW ANYONE THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO! Sorry that got intense but I don't want you worrying about me. Again, thank you for reading this book. Love y'all :)