Chapter 18: the Hospital

"Hey, how are you?" Jeremy asked me when I woke up.
"Better than I was, can we go home, I need stuff to do."
"Yes, but we are going to come back some time so we can enjoy Paris together."
"I will hold you to that."
"Ann, I'm sorry, I didn't know."
"What?"
"That Jessica was your mother."
"It's fine, I'm actually kind of happy."
"She made it seem like you were pissed off at her."
"I was at first but that was just because I have just been an angry person lately."
"Ok," he said kissing my cheek.
"So, when can I go home?"
"Very soon."
"Good, I am really tired."
"Then you can sleep."
"Thank you." I said. He left but I didn't fall asleep. I tried to but couldn't. I kept thinking about my mom. She left you. The voice in my head screams at me. I couldn't silence the voice. I tried so hard to not think of her. She did not care, she left you with the monster.
"Shut up!" I screamed. I must look insane. I was yelling at a voice in my head. My freaking head.
Maybe I was going insane. I would be as bad as the rest of my family. They were all terrible, selfish jerks. What if I am a selfish jerk but people are too afraid to tell me. I just sat on my bed for another hour. I then started singing to myself.
Come on skinny love just last the year,
Pour a little salt we were never here,
My my my my my my my my my my my
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer
Tell my love to wreck it all
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall
My my my my my my my my my my my
Right in the moment this orders tall
And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
And in the morning I'll be with you
But it will be a different kind
'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets
And you'll be owning all the fines
I sang, but then a nurse came in and I stopped. I probably looked insane. At least I wasn't rocking back and forth saying random things. That is what my aunt did when she went insane.
"Miss, how are you feeling?"
"Honestly, crappy. This month has been terrible."
"Would you like a therapist?"
"No, just some alone time and rest."
"Ok ma'am just ring if you need assistance."
"Thank you." I said and watched her walk out. I tried to fall asleep again and started singing.
You are something I can't replace
You make my heart work
You makin me stronger
Im not letting go
I'm not letting go
Goooooooo ohhhhh
I'm not letting go
I'm not letting go
I sang and eventually fell asleep.
*******************************
I know that this is wimpy. I'm having a hard time writing these little pieces. I'm going to skip to when they get home. The hospital really only had that one significant moment. Also. Both of the songs she sang to herself I am in love with. The first was Skinny Love. The attached video is it performed by Birdy. And the second is Not letting Go by Tinie Tempah and Jess Glyne. Sorry if I spelled the names wrong. Anyways, singinggirl0308 I'm sorry that I took like a month and that its wimpy. Hope y'all like it. Love y'all :)