Chapter 13: Relaxing?

"Good morning, how are you?" I asked Jeremy as soon as he woke up.
"Good, especially because I still have you."
"Why are you so easily romantic?"
"Because I am, I don't know."
"Ok, anyways, what's today's agenda."
"Nothing, it's a holiday, you can just sleep if you want."
"Or, we could hang out."
"That would be nice. We haven't really had any time except stolen moments."
"Yeah, it would be. Especially because no one can bother us, Dad and Lucy are doing wedding stuff and Kate is hanging out with Nickole."
"Ok, cool, let me shower and then we can do whatever."
"Ok, see you at breakfast."
"We chose our breakfast time now."
"I know Ann, I know"
"Just reminding you," I say grabbing a towel and heading to my private bathroom.
I turned on the shower and let it warm up, then I got undressed and hopped in the water. I let the water soak my hair, then I grabbed my shampoo and started to wash my hair. Once I was done washing my hair I washed the rest of my body and shaved. When I got in my room I grabbed my jean capris and a t-shirt. Once I was ready I put my hair into a bun.
"Hey, you were slow."
"That was the point."
"Why were you so slow?"
"Because I felt like being slow." I say to be goofy.
"Ok, you missed me falling on the chair."
"You fell on the chair," I said laughing, this is why I found him so cute.
"Yeah, I was texting Lucy and ran into the chair."
"Oh my god that must have been hilarious."
"It was after I got over the fact that I tripped on a chair."
"Yea, anyways, food I want something to eat."
"Ok, there's cereal on the table."
"Thanks, by the way, I have fallen over chairs too."
"Ok," he said laughing. I walked over to the table and grabbed the box of Cheerios and a bowl. I then got the milk and sugar out of the fridge and cupboard and made my cereal. I walked into the living room with my cereal and started laughing. Jeremy had gotten caught in the pile of bags that Kate had thrown on the ground and was in the process of falling when I saw him. He landed with a huge thud.
"Um, are you ok?"
"Yeah, just mad that Kate throws her shit where ever the hell she wants to."
"I'm sorry?"
"It's ok, so, how are you."
"Good, I haven't fallen today like you."
"If you didn't have that bowl I would have pulled you down."
"I still wouldn't have fallen."
"You always find a way to be right."
"Yep, I do, and you know that's a reason why you love me."
"One of many." he told me, with the biggest grin on his face. I loved how cheesy, romantic and sweet he was. He eventually got up and sat on the couch. When I finished eating I sat next to him and leant my head against his chest. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.
"I can't believe we are in this position." I say, referring to the fact that I was snuggled into him.
"I can, you are my girlfriend, and I love you," he said with his beautiful smile, and then he leant his head down and kissed me. I just smiled, I knew he loved me, even though we had only been dating a week, we had been a lot closer than we thought. Then in an instant I thought back to when my father raped me. He had said something about how his girlfriend would hit her son, Jeremy and that she was going to bring him over one day. I remember meeting her also, she was a terrible person, she was the one who gave my dad the idea of starving me. I suddenly pulled away at this. I couldn't believe that I knew him and couldn't remember. I also was afraid, did he know that his mom was the reason that my mom was dead. She left when she found out that my dad and Jeremy's mom were having an affair. She then got in a crash where they couldn't find her body. That was the worst part, not ever seeing her again.
"Ann, what's wrong, you look scared and worried?"
"I- I remember, y-y-your mom." I said shakily.
"What do you mean?"
"I remember her and my dad having an affair, meeting her, and you, her giving my dad the idea of starving me. I remember your scared face, not knowing if I was crazy, if my dad was crazy."
"Wow, how do you remember that?"
"I don't know, because it was around when my father raped me the first time and stopped feeding me."
"He RAPED you?!!?!?!?!" I only nodded my response, "He should be glad that he's dead, or else I would have killed him."
"No, you wouldn't because then who would I have?"
"True, and I don't want to be the reason you are alone."
"If I tell you one thing my dad did to me that made me think I was dying, will you tell me something your mom did that made you think you were about to die?"
"Yeah, it will help us know each others fears and darkest memories."
"Ok, so um... my um well he... when he first cut my arm open I bleed so much that I-I thought that I was going to die," I paused, "I even wrote a note to the police for when they found me."
"Ann, I'm so sorry that that happened to you, you didn't do anything wrong."
"I know that but he blamed me for my mothers death and hated me for looking like her, and I know that he didn't really love her, or else he wouldn't have had an affair with your mom and married her, they even had kids together."
"That was her new husband that she wouldn't stop talking about when Kate last talked to her?"
"Yep, and they had 5 daughters and 1 son together."
"Wow, that's a lot, that means that she has given birth to 8 kids."
"Yeah."
"Ok, now my turn," he says, "my... well she decided that she would take one of Kate's belts with the like spike things and repeatedly hit my back with it, I have scars and I bleed so much that I almost passed out, then my mom called an ambulance and said that I fell through the glass table. When I went unconscious I thought I was dead, and this was less than 2 years ago, she came to 'visit' and did that, and that was when you and I had first met, and I had kind of had a crush on you so your smile and face repeatedly went through my head." if he had anything else to say he didn't say it because I wrapped him in a hug.
"You didn't deserve that, or the marks that you will always have," I paused, "we will never escape the marks they left. We have to accept this." I said, and started to cry into him.
"Ann, I know, but those marks don't mean anything to me, if you didn't have them it wouldn't change anything accept how bad I feel that I couldn't tell when I went through abuse too."
"Why? I always acted like the perfect nerd and wallflower, there was no reason to suspect anything."
"Because, I do, anyways, can we talk about something a little happier?"
"Yes," I say, glad that he was done on that topic too.
"Can we go outside, i feel like I haven't spent any good time outside really for a long time."
"Of course and we were outside yesterday."
"For like three hours, that was way to short."
"Oh, so you like the outdoors?"
"Yeah, it was the one place my mom couldn't get me."
"Oh," I say, holding his hand even tighter, which was weird because I didn't remember holding hands in the first place.
"Ann?"
"What?"
"You zoned out, I asked you what you wanted to do."
"Hangout with you, be with you."
"Ok, so, you want to sit here and talk."
"Yep." I said and noticed that he was smiling, I would be too. Then he wrapped his arm behind my back, making me let go of his hand.
"Are you tired?"
"Yeah," I say knowing what he means.
********^******************
Picture of tired attached to this chapter at either the top or side.
****************************
"You can actually show me you, I won't judge."
"I know, and I have stopped faking my smiles, you make me naturally smile all the time," I say, sounding super cheesy.
"Really, I didn't think you I was funny."
"Most of the time you aren't, you just make me happy." I said and his answer was a shy smile.
"Look at that cloud, it looks like a banana."
"No, it looks like a hammock with someone about to fall out," I say.
"I don't think so, it is definitely a banana."
"No, bananas aren't so loosely shaped."
"But," I give him a challenging look, "never mind, you are right."
"That's what I thought," I said playing with his hand in mine.
"Ok, you are making me want to kiss you right now."
"Why is that so bad, I am your girlfriend"
"Yeah but we have only been dating for like a week."
"True, anyways,, do you find me weird?"
"No, your are perfectly imperfect."
"What does that mean?"
"It means that you're imperfections are perfect."
"Ok, I am really tempted to kiss you now."
"I'm sorry."
"Stop being so sweet and maybe this won't happen."
"Well that's not going to happen."
"Ok, then you will just have to deal with me kissing you."
"Fine." he said and looked at me, so I leaned over and kissed him. I knew that we should be kissing right now but, I didn't care. After a while of us kissing(well, what felt like a while) he pulled away and rested his head in between my shoulder and neck. He mumbled something, but I couldn't make out what he had said.
"What did you say?"
"I love you and am surprised that you kissed me first."
"Why? Can I not kiss you."
"No, it's just most girls won't kiss the guy first."
"Well, I am not most girls, and I will kiss you if it seems like the moment."
"Ok beautiful." He said, which caused me to blush, then he kissed me, I let him and was so happy, he never did anything to me, unlike my father. For the first time I put my arms around Jeremy and held on to him. I felt like I was in a movie. He kissed me like I was the only girl he would ever kiss and I felt special. When he pulled away we were both smiling and his eyes were sparkling.
"You eyes look so amazing," I told him, still wrapping my arms around him.
"Yours do too, miss beautiful."
"Every time you say that I'm beautiful it makes me want to kiss you."
"Really?"
"Yes, that's what you do to me." he grinned, making me want to punch him at the same time.
"Oh good lord, it's 6 and my dad will be home soon."
"Um, ok what should we do?"
"Just sit in the chairs."
"ok, Have you noticed how pretty the sky is today?" I ask so we have a regular conversation started.
"No, but you are right, it's really pretty." he says and mouths. like you, making me blush.
We exchanged casual things until 9 when I said that I was tired, so we are a microwave pizza and went to bed. I slept alone and I slept fine, until an image of what I imagined my mom looking like when she died. So I grabbed her journal and opened it to the next page, it read;
Dear diary,
It's my birthday and I found out that my best friend is pregnant. Wow, talk about being horny, she slept with a guy she had gone on 1 date with. I don't think she's ready to be a mother, which is terrible because if she was older she would be an amazing mother. Anyways. I have to go see Lucy and Jenna to make sure Lucy doesn't kill Jenna and the baby.
Love,
Jessica
*********************************
Hey,how are you world it's been a few days. Ok, so I have a cast for this, Isabelle Fuhrman as Ann, Alexander Ludwig as Jeremy and Willow Shields as Kate. Anyways that's my cast so far, I also have a bunch of songs that fit this book so those may get a page at the end of the book. Ok well, I think I am done except for this please like, comment and follow me. Also, please support my other book which is a hunger games fan fiction. Thirdly, and this is actually super important, I am planning to have at least three books connected in this series ish thing all from different point of views. Lobe y'all :)