Chapter 17: Mom?

I woke up to beeping and crying.
"Where am I?"
"Ann, you're awake." a woman said.
"I think so, where am I?"
"The hospital in Paris."
"What happened."
"You lost all muscle control and then passed out."
"Who are you?"
"Your mother."
"Mother died about 8 years ago."
"I didn't really die, your aunt did."
"You are kidding!" I screamed infuriated.
"No, and I thought you would be happy."
"How could I be happy you were alive and didn't tell anyone what dad was doing."
"I thought it had stopped after I left."
"Why would it stop, it got worse, I looked too much like you. He took all of his anger at you out on me!"
"I'm so sorry."
"If you were sorry you would have come back for me Jessica."
"Do you know how bad I felt leaving you and dropping Jeremy and Kate off and seeing you walk to school in jackets or long sleeves during summer. I felt like I failed you do I stayed away from you."
"Why?"
"I didn't want to disappoint you more."
"You did mom." I said and tried to walk out but realized I had something attached to my arm.
"I'm so sorry dear."
"Please leave."
"Ok, if that will make you more comfortable and happy."
"Just leave."
"I'm sorry for upsetting you." she said and slid out the door. I couldn't decide if I was relieved that I had a family or upset that she didn't come back for me.
"Good, you are awake." a doctor said.
"What happened?"
"Your blood flow got too low and it caused you to loose strength and faint."
"Why?"
"Your body is lacking some blood."
"Why?"
"You bleed so much and so frequently that your body couldn't fight it."
"Wow, so am I always going to fight this."
"Most likely, luckily though we were able to get you some blood from a blood bank."
"Thank whoever's blood I have now."
"Well, I should let you rest again, your body needs it." She said and walked out. I didn't fall asleep but I did sit there and take a me time break. I had to figure out if I should forgive my mom or not so I grabbed a paper and made a pros and cons box.

PROS:
Motherly figure
Family member to spill feelings to
Emotional support
Ex-boyfriend stories
Protective person
Heartbreak counselor(if needed)
Mom to fight with
Person to cry to
Talk to her about father
Listen to her experiences
Advice

CONS:
She left me
She left me
I can't get over that she left me
Just told me she is alive
Didn't bother to see me until I was hospitalized in a foreign country
All of the above

I decided from my list that I had more pros than cons and that I should forgive her. I know that everyone makes mistakes. This was just a really big mistake she had made. I crumpled up the paper and threw it away just as my mom came into my room.
"Don't worry I just left my keys."
"Mom, I'm sorry."
"Why are you sorry, I'm the one that left you with that horrible man."
"I am sorry for flipping out on you. I have realized that you were afraid of making me even more upset and you couldn't come back from the dead and tell everyone that your husband was abusive and a rapist."
"Ann,"
I cut her off, "mom, I forgive you. I really do, ok?"
"Yes but why?"
"I want you back in my life."
"And you are being honest?"
"100%"
"Thank god."
"No, thank dad."
"I will never thank that man."
"Thank him for being the other half that made me."
"You are the only good thing that came from me and your father."
"Were you ever married?"
"No, we were engaged and then I 'died', but never married."
"Oh, so your fiancée was abusive and a rapist."
"So he raped you?"
"Yeah, I am not a virgin."
"Baby girl I am so sorry."
"Why? You wouldn't have been able to stop him. He raped me when he got drunk."
"I'm still sorry that I didn't try to take you away with me."
"If you had I might have died in that car crash."
"No, it wasn't a crash, your aunt told me to run and she set the car on fire and climbed in, you wouldn't have died. She just wanted me to be able to start over."
"So much she would die?"
"Yes, she felt very strongly about me having a better life."
"I don't get our family."
"Yeah, we are confusing."
"I mean, father was satan, and then your side of the family is nice and compassionate."
"Yeah, I only stayed with your father as long as I did for you."
"Really, I thought the reason you left was me."
"No, it was the fact that he was having sex with another woman when I thought we were finally committed to each other."
"I'm sorry mum."
"There was nothing we could do to stop him."
"Mum, I never want him to ruin my moments from now on. I won't get upset that he won't walk me down the aisle on my wedding day, be there if I give birth. I am glad that he won't be able to hurt my possible children."
"I'm so glad that you can be strong because there are a lot of secrets in our family that may hurt baby girl."
"I am willing to do anything to know the truth." I said defiantly and she smiled. I looked over at the clock, she saw that it was late and got up. She kissed my forehead, grabbed her purse and walked out. I sat there thinking about all that had happened lately. I had a boyfriend, my dad died, I found out that I will always be hurt, I became a detective, I found out my mother was alive. Damn, I had a very busy past 2 weeks. I sat and drew until I felt sleepy. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
********************************
Not one of my best chapters but good enough I hope. This chapter impacts the story a lot though. Secrets will be uncovered and they are very dangerous, no one will be ready for them. Anyways, I am not going to tell anymore about the huge events that I am planning. Ok, I will stop rambling. Love y'all :)