Chapter 7: Moms past

*******************************
For the next hour or so Katerina went on about this boy she had met last night, Nate. He seemed like he was nice from what she told me, and I was happy that she had moved on it had been a few days and she deserved someone. Then, she moved on to wedding stuff like if I thought Lucy would let us go dress shopping with her and such. This went on for a long time until she decided to do my makeup so she knew how much time she would need to do our make up before school tomorrow, so we went to her room. She had moved stuff around, again. Why did her room look different every day? Maybe she just liked to rearrange.
"Oh, Lucy wanted me to give you this," Kate said handing me a picture. It was of my mom and Lucy wearing beautiful dresses, I flipped it over and saw that it said, Jessica and I at prom 1995. Wow, I forgot how beautiful my mother was this was her senior prom, and she was standing with Lucy, not my father, was that a later in life thing or what?
"Thanks for getting it to me," I said "it means alot to me."
"Oh this too," she said handing me an envelope, a pretty big envelope too. I would look at other later but right now I wanted food.
"We ever going to eat?" I asked.
"Yes, then I'm doing your make up, got it?" Kate said with a laugh. When we got down stairs Kate tripped over a huge box, wait, a box?
"Um, what's with the box?" I asked Kate.
"Oh, yeah Lucy said she left this for you, but I don't know what she put in it." Out of curiosity I picked it up and walked to the kitchen table where I opened the box. Inside it was the dress ny mother had worn in that picture, along with a book or maybe a diary and a bunch of pictures. I heard Kate gasp. This box held most of my mother's favorite memories most likely. I will have to thank Lucy, this will help connect me to my mom.
"I wonder if it would fit me" I said, but I was so skinny that it probably wouldn't but my mom looked really tiny in that picture.
"Well let's go see then." Kate said. I grabbed the box and ran after her. We ran to the bathroom and I put the dress on. It had beautiful shimmering sleeves and was light pink and sparkly all over. I turned to the mirror to look at my self. The dress was beautiful and it fit. Wait, why did I fit into my moms dress from her senior prom when I was only an eighth grader?
"Let me see." Kate demanded, so I opened the door for her. "OMG, you look amazing." she yelled. After we talked about the dress I realized we still hadn't eaten so, I changed and we finally ate, then Kate claimed she needed a nap so I went and grabbed my moms diary, it had to help me know her better right? I decided I would read her first entry, it was labeled, December 23, 1993, and said, Dear diary, it has been 2 days since I have eaten and I don't feel very good but if it means Mark will like me more than its worth the sick feeling and feeling like I'm going to faint. Anyways at school today, Mark lenaned onto my desk and told me that I looked sexy and that he wanted to make out later, which we did and then he started telling me that he wanted to date me and make out tomorrow and then he kept kissing me until mom called me and told me to get home. I was so mad, I wanted to stay with Mark, but, I couldnt tell my mom that I made out with a boy in the alley behind the school so, I had to go soon, but I let Mark kiss me a little longer, which was amazing. Goodnight, Jessica Lynn Sandarias.
Wow, my mom was a bad girl. That surprised me a lot and the fact that she was anorexic, that must have just become a routine that she kept and that was why she was so tiny.
*******************************
Heyyyyyyy, it's me, so I'm sorry if the mom sounds like a bad character, she really isn't, she was just a love sick teenager with insane hormones. Anyways I found a song that goes for the relationship between Ann and her father, it's Bad Blood by Taylor Swift. Sorry but it describes them. Sorry if the picture isn't showing up. Also, sorry that Jeremy isn't really in this chapter but it's not all about him and Ann. This chapter was really to show the relationship growing between Kate/Katerina and Ann. Anyways I hope this is good enough and thank you to singinggirl0308 for telling me to keep writing. Love y'all :)