Chapter 10: Jenny?

Wow, today was hard, the poor family. I would be out of school for the rest of the week to help with the investigation and so would Kate and Jeremy.
"Hey, can I come in?" Jeremy asked knocking on my door. I quickly threw my moms journal into my drawer.
"Yeah," I said calmly, even though I was going insane inside.
"How are you, I know I've already asked but, it's the only way I can think of to start this conversation."
"I'm still alive, aren't I?" He looked hurt, that was a nasty comment. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound nasty."
"It's ok, I knew you didn't mean it."
"Based on your face this visit doesn't come with good news."
"Um, how should I say this, but, um, well"
"Don't worry, take your time, I know that bad news is very hard to tell people."
"There was a shooting, um, outside of school, right after I mean and..."
"Is anyone hurt?"
"Yeah, and someone was asking for you, we need to go."
"Ok," I said taking his hand as we walked to the car, this was happening, in my beautiful home town, how?
~~~~~~~~~
When we got to the hospital I saw my one friend, Jenny's, parents crying. Oh no, what had happened to her.
"Hello, Ann Condi, I was told someone wanted to see me." I told the receptionist.
"Come this way," she said leading me to a room, where I saw Jenny laying on a white hospital bed, she wasn't moving other than the rise and fall of her chest,"she requested for you before she became unconscious. This may be the last time you see her though."
"Why?"
"Her parents said that if she lives, they are taking her back to Europe with then."
"Oh, why'd you say 'if she lives'?"
"She lost a lot of blood and was shot twice."
"Oh,"
"I'm sorry, you have to sit in the waiting room."
"That's fine." I said walking back to the waiting room, Jenny's parents were gone. In their seats sat Lisa and her mother.
"Ann, why are you here?"
"Um, a friend of mine is seriously injured."
"Oh, my brothers leg got cut off."
"Wow, um"
"Yeah that's what I thought to, but, he's alive."
"That's wonderful."
"Miss Condi, we need you." the receptionist said.
"I'm sorry Lisa, I have to go."
"That's ok."
"What is wrong," I asked the nurse in Jenny's room.
"She has passed away."
"What do you mean, how she was breathing just minutes ago."
"She stopped breathing and we couldn't resuscitate her, her parents said to let her go," I broke down in tears, my only friend that knew, other than my boyfriend and Kate, about the abuse, dead.
"Excuse me," I said, walking out of the room to Jeremy,"lets go." I told him.
"Ok, let's go."
Well, today got even worse than it already was somehow. First, just the fact that I had to go to school. Then, Lisa's sisters death. And to finish the day, Jenny dying, it was also the 6th year of my mother being dead. I started crying again, when we got home I just sat on the couch, staring into space.
"Ann, do you want to stay home tomorrow, completely." I nodded.
"Oh, it's just you and me for a while, what do you want to eat."
"I don't care," I said and then I remembered how Jenny had told me that her guilty pleasure food was peanut butter swirl ice cream,"actually, make that ice cream"
"Here is your Ice Cream." he said, handing me a bowl of Peanut butter Swirl, he was friends with Jenny too, so he knew her favorite thing ever.
"I wish everything would go back to normal." I said.
"I don't think we will see normal for a very long time."
"Then normal will be in my dreams."
"You are the only thing in my dreams lately."
"Really,"
"Yeah, especially your beautiful smile."
"You always have to be the sweet one."
"Sorry, that I am so nice to you, but, I really like you."
"I know, and I really like you."
"Ok, you should probably go to sleep soon, I know I am."
"Ugh I don't want to get up,"
"Ok, then I will carry you," and he did, he picked me up and carried me like a big baby up to my room. He opened the door and set me down on my bed.
"Will you please stay," I said pointing to the bed in the window,"you could sleep there, I don't want to lose you."
"Ok, I will be right here." And I soon fell asleep, but it was interrupted by a nightmare. I screamed, Jeremy woke up and sat next to me.
"I-I'm sorry, it was a stupid nightmare."
"Don't worry, you're ok."
"I need you, here." I said into his chest,"please stay"
"I'm at the window."
"No, I need you here, my nightmare was that I lost you."
"Ok, but," I lifted my head and kissed him, wow, I kissed him.
"You mean pretty much everything to me, I can't lose you."
"Okay, I'll stay." he said. I immediately relaxed and laid back down, Jeremy soon layer beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and I fell asleep. That night, I didn't have anymore nightmares because I knew he was there, everything was perfect, if this was love, than love was a beautiful thing.
*******************************
Ok, for any dirty-minded people, nothing happens ok? Good. Anyways, this chapter was kind of hard to write because it did bring up suicide and if anyone from Pal-Mac middle in Mrs. Goldan or March's class is reading you know why. So, I would like to acknowledge my friend Madi for being an amazing person, and I'm sorry if the next chapter is emotional for you, or anyone really. Ok, I will stop soon, but please, if you hear anyone tell anyone to "go kill yourself" tell someone. The worst thing you can do is just ignore it, or say to yourself that it's not your place to get involved because it takes a community to do something or even 2 but when it comes to that it is never 1 person. Anyways, enough of my life lessons and sorry if I made anyone cry, I really am. Hey, pleaseeeeeeee check out my other book. Ok, I promise this will be over soon. Love y'all :)