Asking her

Harry's POV

"Just ask her" Ron suggests.

"Is not as easy as it seems!" I say frustrated looking at Y/n read under a tree from afar.

"Come on she's alone, plus look" Hermione says pointing at a boy. "Looks like someone is also dying to ask her"

I sigh and walk up to her, in my every step thinking about how I should ask her. What if she says no? What if...

"Umm Harry?" A voice interrupted my train of thought.

I look down and see Y/n leaning on a tree, I take a deep breath and just decide to go for it.

"Hey, um I have a question"

She closes her book and sets it aside. "Yeah ask away"

"So, ummm"

"Y/n would you be my date to the Yule Ball?" A voice behind me asked.

I look behind me and of course, it was Cormac. Holy shit this guy doesn't waste time. I look back at Y/n scared of what her answer would be.

"I appreciate the thought Cormac, but I already have a date" She smiled

I turn my head aggressively to her and start panicking. After Cormac left I tried to leave but she wouldn't let me.

"Alright tell me right now, and without fear"

She lets go of my hand and I make a run for it. I stop and look at Hermione and Ron.

"I couldn't do it" I say disappointed in myself.

"Is fine, you'll do it eventually" Ron grabs my shoulder.

——

I really really hate potions, I would love it if Snape wouldn't be such a pain, is not my fault my father bullied you because of your greasy hair.

"Harry!" I hear a whisper yell and someone shaking my shoulder. "Stop spacing out"

"Sorry"

"What was that about this morning?"

"What?"

"You wanted to ask me something but you just ran away"

"Oh" I felt my cheeks heat up and go a bright red.

"So?"

"Can I tell you afterwards? Alone?"

"Oh of course"

Safe myself from that one, should I really do it after class?

Class finishes and I run out of the classroom then stop, waiting for Y/n to come and finally having the courage to ask her, my palms were sweaty and I was breathing rapidly. I see Ron and Hermione coming out but no Y/n.

"You guys can go, I'm asking Y/n"

"Oh alright, good luck mate" Ron responded.

As they leave Y/n finally comes out of the classroom, she was talking to this random girl from Ravenclaw, when she noticed me and said bye to her and ran to me.

"Soooooo?"

"Y/n, I know this is not romantic but would you do the honors to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

She looked at me in disbelief for a minute, I guess trying to read my face to see if this was some kind of joke or not, I just looked at her waiting for the answer.

"Yes!" She throws herself on me and hugs me tight.

I let out a sigh of relief and hug her back tightly. "You have no idea what a relief it is to hear that word"

"Wait really? You thought I was going to say no?"

We begin walking to our next class, "Honestly yeah"

"Who would ever say no to the Chosen one" She teases.

"Wait, but I thought you already had a date for the ball", I stop and look at her confused.

"That was just to scare Cormac away dummy, I was actually waiting for you to ask me", She kind of giggles and says all shy.

——

"See, and you were scared for nothing" Ron said playing with his food and laughing slightly.

"Alright, you were scared to ask Hermione and look now she's gone"

"What are we talking about?" Y/n jumps out of nowhere behind me making me jump a little.

"Nothing just about Ron being a scary cat and being too late on asking Hermione to the Yule Ball" I smirk and look at Ron.

"At least I didn't take a whole day to ask my best friend" He looks at me and smirks.

"At least I asked her!"

"Alright alright boys, calm down, Ron you already asked Padma?"

"Yes, and I'll have to wear that awful dress robe that mum send me"

"Hey better then nothing" I giggle.

"Shove off"

"Do you already have your dress robe?" Y/n asked.

"Oh yeah, don't worry, and is way better then Ron's"

She giggles and says her goodbyes and tells us she's going to the dorm with Hermione and the others.

Y/n's POV

I get to the common room and drop myself on one of the couches with the girls.

"Well there she is, let me guess hanging with Ron and Harry?" Ginny said smugly.

"Actually it was for like five seconds cause I was trying to find Hermione"

"Well tell us now that you have found me"

"Tell you you what?"

"You and Harry! Did he end up asking you to the Yule Ball?"

As soon as Hermione asked that everyone turned their heads to me and tried to focus as much as they could.

"Yes he did, I am actually excited about it"

The girls started squealing and bombarding me with questions.

"How did it happen?"

"When did it happen?"

"How did he ask you? Was it romantic or casual?"

I look at them and laugh. "Alright, he just asked me, a bit shyly but it was cute, today after potions class, and no it wasn't romantic but at least he asked me you know"

"Oh trust me I've begged him to do something nice but he didn't want to over do it or for you to just end up saying no" Hermione added.

"Wait you knew!?" I look at Hermione surprised.

"Yeah! Sorry I didn't want to ruin the surprise" She says looking guilty.

"Well I still liked that he asked me in person and not on notes like most guys did"

"Hey!" Angelina says.

"Ok Angelina with Fred is a different story, don't get offended"

We all just started laughing and giggling, telling each other about our dates and how excited we are for the Yule Ball and look into all the possibilities of how our night could go, it was kind of fun until we were all getting tired and couldn't even keep our eyes open for long.