The third task

Y/n's POV

After Harry asked me to be his girlfriend and I obviously said yes the news went around as fast as his firebolt, not only students knew but so did the parents, also it doesn't help that Rita put it in the front cover of her newspaper.

We were sitting at Breakfast when mail was coming, I look up and see Gizmo, my owl have a letter on his beak and drop it right in front of me, I look at the card and is from my parents, the four of us noticed and looked at each other.

"What do you think they are going to say?" Ron asks.

"They never write to you unless is something important" Hermione points out.

I sigh and grab the envelope, open it carefully and look inside, reading it out loud.

Dear Y/n

We were shock and not surprised when the news of Harry Potter's new girlfriend was on the paper and all we saw was your face in the cover, you two seemed perfect for each other and Harry is a good guy, I trust him, but your father doesn't, so be careful when he's around. I love seeing you happier then ever, also you should invite him over this summer.

Love Evelyn.

I put the piece of parchment down and look at everyone, especially Harry.

"I'll go! Finally one summer without the Dursleys!!"

I smile widely hearing how excited he sounds. A couple of first years came in and started talking about the third task, to be honest I completely forgot about that, me and Harry shared worried looks, it was tonight and I am not ready.

——

Is time for the tournament, the stands full of people, now most people of Hogwarts cheering for Harry more then ever, the band is louder then ever, everything seems so lively and happy and exciting, even Malfoy is enjoying himself, you know how weird that is!?. The champions are going out and getting in their positions, Harry looking around more scared then ever.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position, now as Mr. Diggory..." Dumbledore started but was interrupted with loud cheers of Hufflepuffs and me on the stadium, his dad raising his hand looking prouder then, but Cedric rather embarrass and pulled it down. "... and Mr. Potter..." More loud cheers happened when Harry was mentioned. "...are tied for the first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum..." Cheering from the Bulgarians was heard, not as loud as Cedric and Harry's but they were loud, and their headmaster trying to scream louder. "...and Ms. Delacour" More cheers were heard, Mr. Moody walked out of the maze at the time, rather limping. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner" Applauds and cheers keep happening as Dumbledore continues with his speech. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should at any point a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need I lay send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants! Gather around, quickly"

My god does this man ever stop talking!? Is making me more nervous. I impatiently wait beside Hermione and Ron, looking at the champions gather around Dumbledore, he's whispering something to them and I bet is not encouraging words by the way Harry is looking at him, he seems worried and scared.

"Champions! Prepare yourself" He starts talking once again, each person goes to their own little corner where there is something like a tunnel for them to enter the maze, Harry takes a look at me, I mouth 'is going to be ok' and he nods still looking worried. "On the count of three, one-" Dumbledore was interrupted by the cannon as we all gasp, the band started going again while the champions started going inside the maze, and just like that they disappeared.

——

We've been waiting for an hour and a half, still nothing, no sign of Harry or Cedric, I'm waiting impatiently, I look to the sky to try and distract myself when I hear something hit the ground, it was Harry and Cedric with the cup! Everyone starts cheering and standing up, the band is starting to play again, applauses where made, bit something was odd, Cedric was not moving and Harry was... no no no no it couldn't have, no it didn't! Everyone else was clapping and laughing and running up to them when all of the sudden a terrified scream was heard, a tear scape my eye when I noticed what I feared the most came true, the staff stopped celebrating and started running to Harry and Cedric, that's when everyone else stopped clapping and noticed what was going on.

Dumbledore came to Harry and tried to grab him but Harry just went back to holding onto Cedric "No! No! No, stop!"

"For god sake Dumbledore what's happened!?"

"He's back. He's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there" He sounds like he's about to break down.

I come running to Harry and pushing people aside, Harry still on the floor and Dumbledore not knowing what to do looking around, he spots me and signals me to go to the floor next to Harry, I grab Harry and caress him gently, as he starts crying on my arms I try to calm him down, I don't care if he calms down or not at this moment, all he needs right now is a friend that would stay with him for as long as he needs it, and that's what I'm here for.

I hear Amos screaming but I couldn't catch exactly was he was saying until he got to where we were. "That's my son! That's my boy! It's my boy!" He starts screaming out of pain and went on his knees.

I try not to look at Cedric much, I need to be here for Harry, Y/n suck it in, I try not to let the tears fall in my face when Moody grabs Harry out of my arms and me, wrapping us both around his arms. "This is not where you want to be right now. Come on" He whispers to the both of us.