Days before the second task

Y/n's POV

We we're all just hanging out in the common room, it was a bit alone, everyone was outside enjoying the day while the four of us are just over the day, is too boring.

A couple of first years enter from time to time and start to giggle and whisper among themselves as they see Harry laying on me and having his arms around my waist, Ron and Hermione sitting on the couch opposite from us slightly laughing whenever that happens.

"I'm going on a walk, who cares to join me?" Hermione asks standing up.

"Me!" Harry let's go off me and stands up with Hermione.

"Hey! I was warm and comfortable" I pout at Harry.

"Sorry but I need to be active today, plus I'm still trying to figure out the egg"

"You still haven-" And before I could finish my sentence he was far gone.

I sigh and stand up. I need to start a new book, is a great thing to do to kill time.

"Where are you going?" Ron asks.

"Library, care to join me?"

"No, I'm good, I don't do books"

"Of course, how could I forget" I say laughing and heading out of the common.

Harry's POV

Me and Hermione walk until we get to the wooden bridge, talking about everything but mostly about Y/n and the second task.

"Harry you told me you'd figure out the egg out weeks ago, the task is two days from now" She scolds me.

"Really? I had no idea" I say giving a sarcastic tone. "I suppose Viktor already figured it out"

"Wouldn't know, we don't actually talk about the tournament. Actually we don't talk at all, Viktor is more of a physical being"

A smile grows across my face as I think about what she just said, I get a soft laugh out of her.

"I just mean he's not particularly loquacious, mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually" She looks at me and her face expressions change slightly. "But you can't be saying anything, you and Y/n are just together all the time"

"Yeah because we are friends" I try to defend myself.

"Mhm because friends leaves hickeys all over your neck" She points out the new ones that she has made.

"Shut up" I try to cover my neck even more with the scarf.

Her expression goes to serious once more and just looks at me. "You are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?"

"What's that supposed to mean" I change my face expression and feel a little bit of annoyance.

"It just means these tasks are design to test you, in the most brutal way that they're almost cruel and I'm scared for you, and not just me, Y/n is petrified, you got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure is going to be enough this time"

I just look out at... nothing, I'm deep in my thought, which most of them are Y/n, the next task and how am I going to survive it if I don't even know what it is yet, I need to figure it out now.

"Hey Potter"

I turn around and see Cedric coming my way, I turn around and just walk the other way, Cedric catching up to me and making me turn around.

"How- how are you?"

I give Hermione a quick puzzled glance and then back at Cedric. "Spectacular"

"Look I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons"

"Forget about it, I'm sure you would've done same for me" I start walking again but he started speaking again.

"Exactly, you know the Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor?" I stop walking and just nod my head. "It's not a bad place for a bath, just take your egg and... mull things over in the hot water" And just like that he just walked away, smiling to himself and I guess proud.

As I get back inside I hesitate if I should listen to Cedric and go for a bath or go straight to Y/n, Ron and Hermione. I must be mental. I run to my dorm, grab the egg and then run to the prefects bathroom.

Y/n's POV

I see Hermione finding her way over to me and Ron at the Great Hall but no Harry. That's weird. She sits next to Ron and just slouches.

"Where is Harry?"

"I have no clue, Cedric came to talk to him and I just left at that moment"

Cedric? Why would he want to talk to Harry? And just like if God heard me Cedric walks in, I stand up and walk up to him, his friends walking to their table while Cedric just stands there and waits for me to reach him as he notices I'm walking towards him.

"What we're you talking to Harry about?"

"Oh, the egg, he won't be long" And he just went to sit with his friends.

I walk back to my table confused and preoccupied. It won't take long? What's that suppose to mean? I then hear squeaks of shoes walking closer to me, I look and is Harry, his hair soaking wet and just clothe drenched with water.

"I figure it out! I did it!" He exclaims holding the egg in the air. "Well Cedric helped me, but still! I got it!"

I look back at Hermione and Ron, just a little concern, and then back to Harry, I then begin to chuckle and the rest just burst out laughing.

"You know, you are going to catch a cold like that, go take a shower and get into some dry clothe? We'll be here and waiting for you to come back" I stand up and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Alright!" And just like that he runs to our common room.

I walk back to our table and sit in front of Ron and Hermione.

"Honestly how do you deal with his energy sometimes?" Hermione asks still laughing.

"Well, honestly I don't even know myself" I laugh and shake my head.

"I mean they are almost the same, she does have sudden burst of energy too, you forget about those?" Ron says while looking at Hermione and me.

"That's true"

"Well at least he figured out the egg" I say relieved.

"Now let's see what kind of craziness they got for him" Ron goes back to his food.