The Lonely Bird

Ash kept running, carrying Misty on his back as fast as he could the cries of those damn birds echoed around him. Everything that lead to this moment whirling threw his head it wasn't until he recalled what happened mere minutes of that he vaulted his run and looked emotionless at the ground before scrunching his face in anger.

"How dare she"

Anubis jumped barely dodging another swooping bird, is was like missals. The large monster before her roared causing the birds to stir and the trees to sway with the massive force.

Anubis knew this wouldn't be an easy opponent just from the size, she ready herself.

"Sandstorm Pack Howl,"

The magic attack whirled off a few hundred birds but nothing else, well except piss off the monster some more. He dropped his hand trying to squish Anubis who dodge but the shock wave from the force sending her skidding threw the grass to hit a tree. She sat there a second trying to sum up the battle when she heard it a low moan sound like the ones she heard when people where in pain looking around she only saw three things. The birds, the monster and the trees. Looking at the tree she gasp everything falling into place.

Ash was beyond pissed, he was enraged, he was seeing red as he stared at the ground. Flipping Misty onto the ground he laid her against a tree for shelter before turning and heading back in Anubis' direction he had a bone to pick with her and nothing was going to stand in his way! No monster ogre, no birds and no trees that where making it difficult for him to remember the way he came!

Anubis doges again before countering with her own magic attack

"Land Tomb,"

The ground came up to swallow the monsters feet but a simple tug and he was free.

"Shit, the farther Ash goes away the weaker I get, why the hell do I feel stronger! That bastard better not-"

"ANUBIS,"

Ash came running at her full speed fist clenched he swung just in time to hit the monsters fist that was also coming down on Anubis at the time where the spirit was attempting to hold it off.

The forces collided and the monster to moles back before Ash slip stopped and turned to look at his Spirit.

"How dare you say that to me,"

Again while in speech Ash engaged in battle with the monster not paying attention to the red magic circles that formed with each hit sending the monster back to the howl in the ground. Anubis stood back holding onto herself covering s few deep cuts and bruises she knew she'd have a quick look aprons for Aquarius she turned back in time to see Ash deliver the final blow

"YOUR MY TEAM MATE TOO,"

The monster fell and as he did the birds flew down in with him until the sky cleared up and a large magic circle broke in the sky.

Ash looked at Anubis ready to yell again, tears see able in his eyes from rage

"I'm sorry, protecting you comes first," Anubis said standing up her ears tucking down before perching up

She turned to look at the trees they where glowing and lights where fluttering up into the sky.

"Anubis what's going on,"

"The curse is gone,"

Slowly each tree dropped down to reveal a weak sleeping person or animal. As they woke up they begun to ask questions about where they where and why there was so many dead limbs laying around. Ash and Anubis explained the best they could before the people slowly dispersed to head home.