Shine So Bright The Rest Of The World Fades Away

Ash looked out the window he had been quiet for most the train ride, while Iris tended to Trip, Paul and Gary sat across from him both busy with something. To be honest Ash thought he'd be beside himself now that Gary was back, but something inside him was too broke to react.

Anubis...

He was still broken-hearted over loosing her, and it had been a few months now, he was sleep deprived he couldn't sleep properly with out seeing her face as the monster took her away. Why didn't he had magic before, why couldn't he use it to save her, why!!!

"Ash," a hand touched his arm

Looking beside him, Misty sat watching him.

That's why....

Anubis did it to save her, why was it always the same plot lose one friend to gain another. He was tired of these plots.

"yeah," he grumbled

Misty looked slightly hurt, witch was something Gary picked up on, not Ash.

"Are you alright,"

"Just thinking,"

"You seamed to be thinking pretty hard," she said Petting a sleeping Ninf

"I was just thinking that maybe this guy would have awnsered on Anubis too,"

This time the hurt that crossed her face was also noticed by Paul and Torta who looked at one another, their own faces crossed with some emotions.

"Maybe he will," she forced out

Ash looked at her funny before turning to look out the window again. He watched her reflection as she disappeared back to the star realm spooking a train attendant who was about to ask her if she wanted something.

Iris walked up about that time with Sniv and Trip. Trip wasn't doing to hot on the train and Sniv was holding on to his hand floating behind him.

"We're coming into the final stretch," Gary said looking at the map

"Good," trip said his face was flushed and he sweating slightly

"Will you be alright," Iris asked puffing out her cheeks while her face got red

"Yeah, I just need a rest,"

"Trip I'm sorry," Sniv whispered dropping his ears

"It's fine Sniv, you helped me and Iris out before. It will be ok,"

They all sat there for a bit before a meal Gary had ordered showed up, everyone ate what food they had in silence. Before Gary spoke up,

"Ash, we need to talk,"

"About what,"

"The answers your after,"

"What about them,"

"Well for starters you need to get you mind in order. Your minds still stuck on Anubis and it's harming your contract with Misty, you acting like you don't have another spirit. And your just worried about her, you need to focus,"

Ash glared at him ,"So I need to give up on Anubis,"

"If that's what gonna help you focus, yes,"

A dry laugh left Ash, "That's what they said i needed to do about you," and with that Ash left

Gary looked down at his plate before putting his head in his hands. What had he said, well he knew what he said but it didn't come out right.

----///----