I Traveled A Sea Of Stars For You

A few days after the battle everyone was still in recovery, sadly a lot of them where still in bad conditions. Ash was still not fully responsive along with Black Pixie's team.

Trip had been using a lot of his time and energy he had to worry about healing them, while the ones that had started to recover moved around slowly. The guild hadn't gone on any mission and for the most part the gates to the guild had been closed, though those who needed help from the members where still able to ask for assistance from some of the members who didn't attend the games.

Gary sat at a table in the corner his fingers tracing a grooved in design, unaware of the Master who sat beside him.

"Gary," he said to pull the boy back to focus

"Master Brock. What, what do you want,"

"I wanna know what you want,"

"What I want,"

"Yes, child your want,"

"Master I-,"

"I know child, you had a lot of demons to get rid of, I also know you got rid of them. But what I want to know is will you stay,"

"Master, I can't."

"Why not child,"

"Because sir, I don't have the right to,"

"Says who,"

"Me. I done bad things, I hurt people that didn't do any wrong, I broke all the rules of our guild sir,"

"I see, but Gary you weren't in control of yourself, you where acting in fear,"

"It doesn't matter," Gary said standing up tears in his eyes, "I I don't deserve to be apart of Phoenix Wing,"

The master smiled at the boy before nodding he too stood, before placing a hand on Gary's chest over his heart.

"You don't under stand still,"

"Understand,"

"Yes, this isn't just a guild, we don't just protect and help the ones who need us. We are home, we are the ones who love you and will pick you up when you fall, we are more than a guild we are family. A family with bonds that will never break no matter how far away you wonder we will always welcome you home with open arms," the master pointed a finger at Gary's cheat where his hand use to be before tapping him, "or should I say wings,"

Gary felt the familiar spread of magic in a design he long to have back going over his chest. Pulling his shirt up, a grey Phoenix wing symbol stared back at him. Before tears started to slide down his face

"Welcome home Gary," the master said

"I'm home," he cried before he let himself fully go into his sobs

----///----

A figure stood in the shadows, it was surrounded by clouds of star dust with stars shinning dully in the distance. Something on its head twitched as it moved. Slowly it walked farther into the darkness. A swishing noise echoing around the empty was.

----///----

Ash woke up feeling like he had been hit by a magic bus, turning his head to the side he watched as Clemont was getting his bandages re wrapped by Serena. Trip was standing a few beds away attending to Drew, while Max was holding onto May.

"Your awake,"

Turning to look beside him he saw Bonnie place a tray of food beside his bed

"That's great, we were getting real worried, I'll go tell the Master," and with that the girl was gone