The Boys That Walked in The Forest

Ash and gang where currently setting up camp for the night, the mission calling for two day exploration of the forest to see about if its habitable, so far so good.

Actually it was very lovely, it was lush and green and the tree where large and thick with berries galore, animal here and there actually EVERYWHERE. It was like a place off a magic fairy tale or children's book, with a stream that lead to something just haven't been found yet!

Witch was where they where camping, next to the stream in a small clearing, of course it was smaller because of Misty's tent, Ash was more of a sleep in the dirt kind of person and Anubis if she wanted returned to her key, while Ninf well the little cat was nuzzled up in Misty's sleep sack.

"It's so peaceful here," Misty exclaimed throwing her hands up as she stretched

"It is peaceful, yet to encounter anything that would be bad for work or housing," Anubis said from her spot leaning against a tree

"I kinda don't wanna tear down any trees here, it's so nice and mystical," Said ash as he looked around in the sky at the starts showing up threw the trees

"Me either," Ninf purred

Later on Misty and Ninf retired to bed leaving Ash and Anubis both starring at the dancing flames of the fire, silently as the red, orange and yellow twirled around and crackled the burning limbs below.

Ash retired as it died out leaving Anubis to ponder. Looking up at the stars her eyes closed and it felt like she was a thousand miles away and as light as a feather..

Crack...

She shot around, listening but with the dying coals and flames of the fire only reaching so far into the darkness she turned to rely on her senses all of them going off. Her ears twitched her tail stayed still not to make a sound, eyes darting around to catch a shadow out of place when she saw it two small ears twitch and a sound much like a squirrel before it started off.

"Anubis go to bed you sleepy," Ninf said from his spot, the cat was awoken in Anubis' shuffle he stood running his eyes I frontons Misty's tent opening

"I must be-," but she stopped turning to Ninf as a shadow flashed by and sent the cat flying before out of nowhere explosions went off around the campsite.

Ash and Misty stumbled to get away before they both stood back to back looking at Anubis who was trying to find where he shadow had gone with Ninf.

"NINF,"

"Hehe~, I got your cat," a voice said with a. Hint of glee

"Yeah, we got your cat," this voice was more childish

They all turned to look up in the tree overheard where thankful to the stars light they could faintly make out a shadow. Some one was hunched down in the tree with a small shadow standing beside him, Ninf dangling kicking about.

"Who are you, and give Ninf back,"

"Yeah give him back right now,"

"No. He makes you listen to me,"

"What do you want,"

"You to get the hell out of this forest,"

Ash looked toward the tree before he was knocked off his feet. The ground waved under him sending him flying into the tree line where a gust of wind sent him into the water.

Misty was quick to think and used what little magic she could to pull Ash out of the water and sent a water whip up into the tree.

"How weak,"