In the Shadows, I will be there

Paul laid in his bed, his arms behind his head and his mind a thousand miles away. In his stomach he felt an uncalmed rage boiling over.

"It's every home I have," he said as he looked at sleeping cat

Images of a dragon flashed three his head then a happy couple one with dark purple hair the other with pink then finally Anubis flashed threw.

He sighed to himself as he sat up, needing to move around to calm down he felt tears build in his eyes but he shook them away as he jumped out the window and started down the dark alleyway. He was raised by a dragon until he had to leave, Paul was lonely when the only one who loved him left. So he set off looking for him, witch led to him meeting Trip a boy who was going threw what he was. Abandonment, Paul let Trip tag along protecting the younger boy from harm until they stumbled upon a small house. They where cautious not to disturb anything as they pasted threw the field but a small woman with pink hair found them, and for the third time Paul felt love as he and Trip where welcomed into a home of people who couldn't have children. But that too shattered away, the army came and wanted more money and they fought and magic was used leaving them alone again....

Paul was always alone it seamed, even though he had Trip and Torta well Sniv too. But they didn't really fill the whole in his heart from the lose of his father Brando the Ground Dragon. The one who had found him and raised him up until he left, maybe Paul wasn't good enough for people to stick around.....no stop thinking that he must be worth something that's why Trip and his cat hung around. Maybe what ever it is was what made the guild master want him along with Trip and Sniv.

Brando......

The ground dragon, a force to be reckoned with. Even though he barely did anything in Paul's opinion he was really respected as he said and the monsters that lurked in their forest never came to close and always ran away when Brando looked at them. He wasn't one to put up with slacking either he trained Paul like it was live or die, and to Paul it felt like it was. Paul's love for his father dragon was very strong but his anger at himself for not being strong enough to keep him sound was greater.

Paul stopped walking he had reached the outskirts of town, he smirked as he looked behind him he was alone and in the shadows, he had made his entire trip with out being spotted by a single human.

Shadows.

He liked the shadows, he just disappeared in them like nothing. Nothing at all so when a girl ran by him he stepped back and disappeared. Unnoticed always unnoticed. One more thing Paul was good at it seamed.

"Did you hear,"

"You mean about the Phoenix Wing guild,"

"Yeah, their saying it won't rebuild after all the damage and no ones seen the guild master,"

How could rumors already be spread it was still the day of the incident and already they had negative things to say about this.

A rustle noise, Paul turned his gaze towards it instead. He was dying for a fight now, and from the looks of it he may get one

But none came, looking down a small green car walked out looking around until it spotted the boy.

"Paul there you are,"

"It's just you Torta,"

"Yeah just me," the cat joked before jumping in the air with his wings keeping him afloat

"What do you want,"

"I woke up and you where gone, so I came looking for you,"

"Torta you don't have to look for me,"

"Your my partner we stick together,"

"Your a cat," Paul said before jumping up on a rooftop and sitting down

"It's pretty here,"

They looked out at the night sky before Paul shook his shoulders

"The guild remains are a eye sore,"

"True, hopefully some one will fix it,"

"Hopefully,"

Torta flew and sat in his lap, the cat leaned back to rest his head on his chest.

Paul didn't look down at the cat just looked out among the rooftops till an idea came about. He scratched his cars ear and set about his plan

----//----

Ash woke up to a commotion, he had slept at the guild hall unable to go home due to past events but the noise outside his window was killing his extra sleep time. Sitting up to look out the window he saw Ninf flying his eyes full of wonder.

"What's going on,"

"Look look,"

Looking outside his eyes filled with tears, out in the remains of the old guild hall Paul was using his power and had moved the remains around and was working on building the guild.

Other members were working too, all trying their hardest to revive the guild to his glory. Ash took off as fast as he could down to help them the hope and joy or reviving the guild in full force.

They worked threw the day town members showed up to watch and help, slowly as the night fell they could make out the new guild frame.

Ash was sitting down across from Paul who was keeping to himself, and sadly as much as Ash didn't wanna say it pulling all the weigh in rebuilding.

"Thank you," ash said as they continued to eat

"Hn,"

A smirk spread across Paul's face, maybe he was worth something

--//--

BanetteGirl: thanks for reading

Comment

Follow

Vote