2 - alone on a mountain

THE FOUR TEENS TOOK A shortcut through the Avatars home, few stayed, humans, loyal to the Na'vi, Ivy couldn't fully trust them, she tried her best to not judge them, knowing she shared the same human dna as them.

Spider led the group, Kiri behind and Ivy and Lo'ak last side by side.

"Hey Spider!" She looked up to see Norm in his Avatar greeting the young human boy, Norm flipped his towel at his feet but Spider jumped in time to avoid tripping while Ivy laughed.

"Your ass is mine!" Spider threatened pointing up to the Avatar, which was easily three or four feet taller than him.

"I'm right here" Norm put his hands up condescendingly, Norm and Spider usually teased eachother like this and it was very entertaining to Ivy.

Ivy and Lo'ak greeted some friends when a human lady scolded them "Avatars only go around!" which Kiri responded to by mocking her.

Ivy felt Lo'aks light hand on her back pushing her forward while he apologised to the exasperated looking lady.

"Here" Ivy pointed up moving to the front of the group, the three teens followed her forward to the steps.

She started ascending when Lo'ak leaped over the railing infront of her cutting her off, she responded by aggressively shoving passed him as he spoke to Spider "those blue stripes don't make you any bigger bro"

"Yeah well I could still kick your ass" Spider retorted as Lo'ak pulled the door open letting Ivy in first.

Lo'ak waited for Kiri and Spider to enter before letting the door close and beginning to pressurise the room "you couldn't fight me, you're like Ivy you're tiny"

"Lo'ak I will murder you" Ivy yelled fuming knowing damn well she was way taller than the average height while Lo'ak silently prayed the cabin would pressurise before the girl pulled his eyeballs out as Kiri giggled.

"Yeah, haha" Spider spoke humourlessly as he pushed the door open into the room, Lo'ak lightly pushed Ivy out first putting his hand on her hip "real hysterical guys"

The room was sky people looking, very technical, bright blue lights which annoyed Ivys eyes, beeps everywhere that Ivy could never pinpoint the location it was coming from anda whole bunch of cords.

"You know what really sucks though?" Spider countinued as Lo'ak handed Ivy a mask before taking his own "is that you can breath Earth air for hours and I can only breath your air for like...ten seconds"

Ivy brought the mask to her face and took a deep breath "yeah monkey boy that really sucks" Kiri teased looking down at the boy "for you!" She finished off leaning down to lightly attack the boy.

She turned back to fix her mask up when Spider leaned forward and yanked her tail, Kiri immediately swung around to latch at the boy giggling.

Ivy turned away from the group and strided towards the charging bay for the tablets, swiping one up for what felt like the millionth time.

She knew exactly where to go through the files to find her mothers old video logs, the file besides Graces (Kiri's biological mothers) video logs.

She clicked on day 37, her favourite one, her mother had just met her father Aye'ni, Ivy looked at the spark in Charlottes eyes, the same spark she'd inherited.

She had memorised the video log, in fact she'd memorised all of them, she clung to her mothers words about the forest, about the biology of Pandora and about her father, it was her last connection to her parents, she didn't know what she would do if she lost it.

She loved researching her mother, though there wasn't much to find, but she did find an auntie, Harriet Kola, the thought of her auntie made her smile giddly, somewhere out there she had family, she could only hope one day she found her, what if Harriet was looking for her?