12 - you are tsahik

AS IVY WALKED TO HER lonely marui pod she caught sight of the greenery of the mountains once more, she held on to a root devising what to do.

She needed to get out of her head, she needed to stop thinking  about Kiri, and godammit she needed to stop thinking about Lo'ak.

Lo'ak Lo'ak Lo'ak Lo'ak Lo'ak Lo'ak.

And with that she banged her head against the root willing the boy to leave her head which she shook, turned on her heel and directed her line towards the inside of the island.

She'd never seen any Metkayinas go in there, she guessed there was no need for them too, after all they were adapted to the reef.

As she ventured further in the greenery around the roots became thicker and thicker, and more things appeared to be glowing.

Ivy took in all the new plants, Kiri would love it in here, she would love all the new botany to take note of, when she woke up, if she woke up.

Most trees looked different to the forest, slightly thinner and paler, but they were still unearthly tall and magnificent, it was more humid and there wasn't as much grass.

Ivy looked in awe, she had passed the giant mangroves and fully entered the tropical forest now, specks of glowing orange flowers bloomed relentlessly everywhere and thin strange blue plants stuck up in spikes.

She crouched down to observe a plant for the thousandth time, she trailed a finger along the leaves and giggled as the small leaves curled up at her touch.

She grabbed a vine and used it to pull herself higher up a tree to the first branch and hoisted herself on, from here she could truly take in the new place.

She could learn so much.

A small and feathered dotted creature crawled down the branch to her, it fluttered its head to the side, it's claws dug into the bark and it's large and shimmery black eyes gazed at her, it was red, blue, green and yellow and Ivy laughed lightly at it "hello"

She creature turned and jumped off the tree, Ivy scrambled up to see it spread its limbs and glide down to the ground before scattering into a bush.

The night was growing older and Ivy knew she would hate herself in the morning if she went to bed too late, so she reluctantly pulled her legs up from where they were resting over the branch and clasped onto the vine.

As she swung down and rolled landing in a crouch on the ground she wondered why they thought Payakan was a killer, it didn't make any sense at all.

She pulled herself up and brushed the dirt off her knees, before she could set out she noticed a small blur of colours in her right ear and turned to investigate.

It was the small creature again, she noticed how it's tounge licked its eyeballs for moisture and it's feathers ruffled in the wind, but her eyes weren't focused on that, they were trailed down infront of it, where she saw it.

Another Kakita shell.

A little more of an pale orangy tint to it, and a green stripe, but very obviously the same, Ivys lips patted at the rare shell, she tilted her head in curiosity as did the animal, who almost seemed to be smiling.

The colours glimmered with the moons and casted a small ethereal glow around it, Ivy blinked, she rethinked it Tsireya had said these were so rare they were only found maybe once every 30-40 years, and this was the third one she'd seen in less than 2 weeks.

A coincidence right?

Maybe Tsireya was joking, maybe she didn't mean for Ivy to actually believe that and was being sarcastic, but that didn't seem like Tsireya, maybe Icy had misheard her? Perhaps the girl said 40 days or something instead?