14 - the tulkuns return

IT WAS SAFE TO SAY when Ivy awoke she freaked out, her eyes fluttered open before squeezing them shut and she hugged something tighter, something? She was hugging something?

Her eyes snapped open, revealing the darker blue skin, she shrieked and snapped her arms back shooting up, immediately untensing realising it was Lo'ak.

"Jesus finally I was getting bored staring at the wall" Lo'ak pulled the arm and rubbed his eyes while Ivy stared down at him flabbergasted.

"I—what?" She tilted her head in confusion slowing her heart rate "why—why are you there"

"fuck Ivy you drank way too much" the boy say up groggily blinking waking himself up.

"What—what?" She was absolutely baffled "drank to much—what are you talking about" Lo'ak stood up and her head followed him.

"What's the last thing you remember?" He asked hopping out of the marui pod into the sand, as Ivy followed she searched her mind furrowing her brows.

"Um we—we we're oh!" Her eyes shielded by her hands lit up "we got the kava from the stand"

They started walking towards the marui pods, Ivy could already see the Metkayinas packing and cleaning up from yesterdays festival "it was the flower thingy right?"

"Yeah" Lo'ak nodded gazing at her quietly stepping over a rock.

"What happened after?" She narrowed her eyes trying to regain her memory, but it was completely blank, her mind was empty.

"We went to the cove, you drunk too much and I had to drag you home, you were really annoying" he informed her.

"You're annoying all the time" she snorted hopping over a rock and landing on one foot "wait, oh my god, I didn't embarrass myself did I?" She panicked halting with wide eyes.

Lo'aks hesitation freaked Ivy out even more "Lo'ak!" She screeched "answer me"

He quickly turned to her "Ivy Ivy you didn't ok?" he waved his hands frantically.

Ivy narrowed her eyes "Lo'ak Sully I swear if
you're lying—"

"I'm not—I'm not I swear—" he raised his hands.

Before he could finish the sound of the horn blew, the teenagers heads snapped towards the marui pods, Lo'aks yellowish golden eyes narrowed and Ivys wide, the girl turned back to the boy "cmon, let's go see what's happening"

They picked up their pace brainstorming on what it could be, when they heard the joyful cheers from the Metkayinas relief washed over them, at least it wasn't something bad.

"They're all going in the water" Ivy took Lo'aks hand who pulled her up onto the nets, though she kept her eyes fixated on the Metkayinas trying to figure out a logical explanation.

"Our brothers and sisters have returned!" A soft voice could be heard yelling out, which Ivy connected to Tsireya.

The pale girls ears perked up "oh! Oh Lo'ak it's the Tulkuns!" She grinned looking up at Lo'ak who was grinning trying to get a better look.

"Come on" he told her and led her forward to the Ilu station, Ivy made tsaheylu with one ushering Lo'ak to hurry up, she dived down into the coral reef which in her eyes seemed like an alternate reality.

She twirled on the ilu above and below Lo'ak letting the vibrant world wizz past her, she surfaced for a breath and gasped in awe when she finally got a good look at it.

There were many Tulkuns, large and mighty splashing happily in an out of the water, Ivy didn't want to wait and she quickly dived back down.

Underwater the view of the Tulkuns was even better, the Metkayinas on their Ilus twisted and turned throughout them against the blue abyss under the rays of sunlight, reuniting with their sisters and brothers.