13 - drunk as fuck

WHEN IVY AWOKE TO GO and get food she noticed the atmosphere was different, she strided through the marui pods observing the excited faces on every single Metkayina.

She gazed around confused, she noticed men and women of all ages braiding together strings of shells and molding river clay into sculptures, she tilted her head in confusion but countinued walking as the eating area was on the other side of the pods.

She could smell meat being slow cooked over coals in a green trunk pot and many people chattering with bright smiles.

The eating area in the sand bank wasn't full like normal, in fact the people sitting there were scarce, and eating hurriedly.

She coutninued glancing around perplexed and leaped of the net "Ivy!" She turned to see Tsireya, who held a pretty kind of dramatic tiara in her hands, woven in dried seaweed and sparkly pearlish shells.

"Hi..." Ivy answered more focused on her strange surroundings "what's going on?"

Tsireya had a usual bright smile, she was liek Neteyam, always perfectly energised in the morning, Ivy didn't understand how they did it, she was half asleep and almost positive her hair was matted.

"It's the syulang festival!" Tsireya informed her animatedly radiating with enthusiasm.

A flower festival, what was that, Tsireya traced the confusion on her face "some people call it the water flower festival, or the festival of colours, same thing, look around" Tsireya pointed to the greenery, which Ivy noticed had started to gain specks of colour "it's the start of the flower season, we celebrate today, it's Syulang Pongu"

Ivy smiled lightly, a festival tonight? Quite frankly she wasn't even planning to go, she wanted to go and find Lo'ak and drag him to take her to Payakan (yes she'd forgotten the way)

But she couldn't with the look on Tsireyas face, the girl wanted to share her culture with Ivy, she felt too bad to just ditch her, she was going to have to suck it up and socialise, she grinned "cool, what do you do?"

"It's all about bright colours and how the flowers bring it to the island it's a time for new beginnings and creations" Tsireya explained leading her forward "we paint, create jewellery, there's a competition on who can find the most colourful shell, dancing music, and lotssss of food"

Ivy must admit that sounded fun, but with her low social battery she thought she'd get stressed out pretty quick, she refused to let Tsireya down.

Tsireya dropped her voice "and don't tell anybody, but, well" she huddled close besides Ivy, glancing around to make sure nobody was listening "the teenagers are planning to steal Kava"

Ivy almost snorted, Jake Sully compared Kava to alcohol on earth, he said it was like wine and beer, and vodkee or something, but a lot stronger, it made you feel funny inside "seriously? Lemme guess, Aonungs idea"

Tsireya giggled and nodded "yes, so?"

Ivy was obviously down, she just hadn't expected Tsireya would do something like this "yeah, if you can pull it off"

Tsireya smiled serenely and looked to her mother who was chatting with a man and a women, pointing around probably ordering where to put the decorations or something.

Tsireya turned back to Ivy "alright, well I'll let you eat" and with that she skipped to Ronal and Ivy went to snatch up a mixture of clear crystally fruit and large green nuts.