19 - the way of water

SHE SCOURED THE ROOM FOR something she could use, the chair would be no use for her, it would just float in the water.

Her eyes landed on her a pinger, and a launcher for it that looked like it was in repair or something, she stumbled forward, the water becoming higher and higher, she couldn't wait for it to become high enough for her to get out, she didn't want to risk having to hold her breath for to long, because she had no more strength left for that, and she feared she'd faint before it even got that high.

She loaded the pinger in, these things were designed to cut through Tulkuns skin, surely it could cut through the wall.

She needed to hurry, it was about to be submerged, with all her strength and with a scream she wheeled it around, the water working against her, the whole world working against her.

Ivy thought it would be more complicated, but there was simple a large button on the side, that quite literally said LAUNCH in capitalised letters, she aimed it between the door and the floor/ceiling, and slammed some on the door.

For a quick second nothing happened, Ivys heart dropped, she was about to accept her fate when a climbing sound could be heard and the pinger cut through the air with such force the wind form it was almost painful.

Ivy let out a shaky laugh, it had landed perfectly in the right place, she dragged herself through the water,  and wrapped her hand around in, checking its sturdiness "ok ok" she muttered trying to encourage herself.

She had so much she want to do in life, she wanted to see Lo'ak again, she wanted to go back to the forest one day? She didn't want to die, she needed to live on for her parents.

She wrapped her hands around it, the blood had been washed away by the water leaving the fresh and open wounds fleshy and white, the pain was almost unbearable, but she kept thinking of the things she could do with her life.

She shut her eyes, breathing in counts of three "cmon cmon Ivy" she growled at herself nodding her head.

She pulled herself up, proppeling herself to the handle and latching on, the pain from her sliced hands shooting up through her arms, she hissed and screamed in pain, but she was on a roll now and not ready to give up.

She pulled the handle, the door opened and she swung slamming against the wall keeping a strong grip hanging off the handle, outside was only half full and water started pouring in, she didn't have long and needed to move now.

She settled her foot on the door way, the waterfall pushed at her relentlessly, with one last swing she stood in the frame, her whole arm wrapped around the railing, the pressure from the water was intense, Ivy kept her grip on the railing and worked her strong legs through it.

Slight problem, she had no idea where she was going, there was hundreds of different doorways, Ivy assumed the closed ones were the way to the exit, and that Harriet had closed them to ensure her death.

Oh no, Ivy was still standing (barely but still)

She was one step closer to surviving, she was one step closer to seeing Lo'ak again, her eyes nearly lolled back and her vision momentarily went black "godamit keep it together I—VYYY"

The pressure from the water and the weekness in her body combined made her loose her footing, though luckily she was closer to another waterfall than the one she'd just come from, above her on the ceiling was stairs, once the ground the ceiling was smooth and created a waterslide effect.

Her scream echoed and she plunged into the next hallway, there was less of an air pocket here and this definitely wasn't a good way out, but with her minuscule remainder on energy there was noway she could climb back up the smooth slide, especially with that volume of water coming down, the air pocket was disappearing, and quick.