5 - the metkayina

IVY AVOIDED EVERYBODY THE NEXT morning, her bag of things were packed, in denial of what was happening.

Her body was on autopilot, she wondered aimlessly, and had forgotten for how long.

She didn't make eye contact with anybody, the only person she interacted with was Tuk, who was still shaken up and puffy eyed, the girl had hugged her and carried her up to her brother, who she also refused to talk to.

How could everything of gone so wrong, how? Ivy kept wondering what would of happened if Lo'ak didn't see the footprint, or if they just kept going, or if they never went out in the first place, maybe then she would be staying, maybe then Jake Sully wouldn't of made this decision.

The news the Sullys where leaving had spread, she could hear people weeping, and no stop talk and gossip all around.

But Ivy wasn't paying attention to her surroundings in the slightest, she was feeling uneasy.

She sat at the Ikran docking bay, her legs hanging off the edge, a thousand feet below her she could see the forest, the forest she loved so much, the forest she was leaving, her mind was elsewhere while she fiddled with her jewlerry.

She hadn't wanted to go to the ceremony, where Jake and Neytiri would be denouncing their Tsahik and Olo'ekytan duties, and a new leader would be born, Ivy hadn't payed attention to who.

She light breeze lapped her face as she chewed the inside of her mouth.

She couldn't take her mothers videos with her, they couldn't risk being tracked, she was loosing th least part of her mother she had, she wondered if she would ever see her again.

She wondered if she would ever see Harriet again.

She felt strangely calm, though she was loosing everything again there was an element of violent peace, she didn't think the words made sense, but it did to her, she had always wanted to travel Pandora, and now she was getting to, but just not for the right reasons.

It was starting to feel more real, when the Sully family came back, she could hear Neytiris sobs through her one ear, the women had to leave her mother, Ivy felt for her.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Neteyam approaching her, her crouched down beside her "Cmon, let's go Ivy"

She nodded slightly and pushed herself up, not catching anybodys eyes but Zo'ans.

She pulled herself up, she refused to fall apart right now, she never did and she wouldn't start now, she was focused on thinking of how to adapt to the new clan, she knew she would need to think quickly and be on her feet, survival of the fittest, there was no use complaining to herself or getting upset.

She connected her queue with Zo'ans and felt her heartbeat, she would be flying across the world, with nothing but a small bag of her collections.

She saw Neytiri, who had quieted her tears down now helping Jake strap their luggage to their Ikrans, while Kiri and Lo'ak were talking quietly by his Ikran.

She looked down at them, shuffling around to sit cross legged on Zo'ans back as she waited "what do you think the sea will be like?"

Lo'ak shrugged "no clue"

"The Olo'ekytan and Tsahik are apparently Ronal and Tonowari" Kiri stretched her hands out "we just have to hope they welcome us in"

"But what if they don't?" Ivy asked tilting her head.

"I don't think my dads thought that far ahead" Lo'ak ran his hands down his Ikran calmingly.

Great, no back up plan.