3 - ambushed

MOMENTS LIKE THESE WERE THE ONES Ivy cherished, where she could be away from the war, and any mention of it, where she could just be a dumb kid.

Ivy jumped across the vines, glancing every now and then at the mountains floating around her and the greenery hundreds if not thousands of feet below her.

She grinned with each step while the others cheered, she jumped forward in front of Lo'ak and behind Spider, her feet connecting with the vines like they'd done what felt like millions of times before.

She saw Ikrans gliding around them peacefully and gusts of winds blew her loose hairs out of her face, she gracefully did a cartwheel as Kiri cheered Spider and her on.

She wanted to live in this moment forever, each time she went out she never wanted to come back, so what if one day she just... left? Would she be able to live like this all the time? Would it be lonely, she was the kind of girl that preferred being alone after all,

This was when she truly felt at peace, she usually preferred going by herself in times like these, smiling to herself, but she didn't mind the company, except Lo'aks of course.

"Guys!" Tuk called out from behind them, her small legs struggling to keep up "wait up!"

Ivy managed to leap infront of Spider "speed up monkey boy!" She teased as she now lead the group with her arms outstretched and eyes wide with joy.

Finally her feet touched the ground, Lo'ak nearly accidentally landed on top of her, narrowly missing her and she scoffed "real graceful Lo'ak" he had landed in a crouch, he stood up and brushed his toned torso sticking out his tounge at her while Kiri, Spider and Tuk landed.

"This way!" Spider called, Ivy lightly felt Lo'aks hand on her back pushing her forward, the Na'vi girl hopped up onto a log, resisting the urge to gidly grin at the soft grass beneath her feet, she failed.

Lo'ak stopped to take her hand helping her off the log, she took it as an advantage to speed ahead of him.

"Oh we're racing are we now?" He called out.

She yelled not turning her to keep her speed up "keep up"

Lo'ak managed to get infront, Ivy looked around for a advantage, she spotted hanging vines, with one foot she propelled herself off, clasping onto the hanging greens, using her feet to run along the trunk and launch herself far ahead of Lo'ak.

She rolled onto the grass and looked back at him putting her middle finger up as he yelled "Thats not fair!"

"Suck it dickhead!" She retorted and the boy stopped for a breath before they continued.

"Tuk keep up!" Ivy heard Lo'ak from beside her and turned around to see Tuk playing with a plant with a bright grin on her face.

"Ok ok!" Tuk called back and skipping up to countinue.

"Bro why'd you bring her anyway?" Spider spoke up receiving a punch on the arm from Ivy.

"She's such a crybaby!" Lo'ak agreed slowing down to turn back to the group, Ivy from beside spun around to and rolled her eyes, Lo'ak continued in a mocking accent "I'm telling, you're not supposed to go to the battle field! I'll tell mum if you don't let me come"

"Grow up Lo'ak" Ivy rolled her eyes from besides him, ducking just in time to avoid her hair being pulled.

"Don't pick on her" Kiri scolded her brother while an unbothered Tuk stuck her tounge out condescendingly.

"Would you stop it let's go!" Ivy called out to them all flinging around to keep running.

Lo'ak sprinted infront of her, and Ivy sprinted to overtake him in another race "get back here!" Lo'ak called while Ivy ignored him and continued.