4 - escape

NIGHT HAD FALLEN AND THE SKY was dark, the only sound that could be heard was the gentle patter of rain slapping against the leaves.

Ivy was standing deadly still next to Lo'ak she could feel the cold metal of the gun against her head, looming over her threatingly, Harriet didn't make eye contact with Ivy at all, ignoring her nieces death stare as the young girl plotted of ways to murder her slowly and painfully, feeling a tad bit unhinged, but rightfully so.

"Blue one, we'll be there in three minutes" a voice poured out of the radio and Ivy muttered a couple swear words to herself, their options were running out. nobody was coming to save them.

What would the sky people do to them? Would they torture them? Wrack confidential information from their brains using painful devices?

Ivy would quite literally rather die than be held captive by them, in a cold white room, no connection to Eywa or Pandora, she shivered just thinking about it, she couldn't let this happen, she wouldn't let this happen.

Ivy was struggling to comprehend that it was her mothers Avatar and not her, though her mind kept wondering to the face, still the same, but the Avatars eyes.

When Charlotte inhabited it the eyes were bright, playful and joyful, but with Harriet's conscientious planted inside, the eyes were dark, smug and malicious, and Ivy hated this.

Her mother deserved to rest.

Ivy hated how deadly quiet it was, yet so deafingly loud at the same time, a feeling she couldn't explain.

Suddenly out of the blue (no pun intended) she heard a call, her ears twitched and she saw Lo'ak look around, and Tuk gasp and snap her head back.

She could even see Kiri and Spider recognise the sound.

She caught eyes with Lo'ak who gently nodded and her heart skipped a beat, was someone coming? We're they possible going to be rescued?

She could hear Kiri silently praying to Eywa in Na'vi and her heart rate started to quicken, she could hear movement, though she couldn't tell what of, she knew something was about to happen and took shaky breaths.

"Shut up" the man holding Kiri and Spider hostage whisper-shouted.

Kiri countinued talking to Eywa, at this point desperate, "shut up!" The man ordered loudly before Ivy saw an arrow ran straight through his face and gasped loudly as the man tumbled to the ground.

The Avatars started yelling and one by one directs the guns to the direction the arrow had flew from, and opened fire, the bright orange blasts stood out against the gloomily lit forest.

Ivys knew the moment eyes caught the arrow, Neytiris, it was Neytiris arrow.

They were gonna be fine.

Lo'ak moved his hand up to the man holding Ivy hostage and pulled a pin out of a container yelling at Ivy to run as green gas started spurring out infecting the air.

The young girl immediately took advantage of her started captor and wiggled her way out, kicking her leg under the man's leg (who was desperately trying to wave the gas out of his face) and tripping him face first into a rock, she saw Lo'ak and Tuk sinking their teeth into their captors arms to free themselves.

Ivy felt Lo'aks hand drag her towards Tuk, she pulled away and helped the young girl up "come on!" She yelled as Lo'ak ushered the two forward, only just in time to save Tuk from being grabbed.

Bullets we're flying everywhere and the noise was deafening Ivys senstive ears, she clasped her hands over them in pain while she ran forward, she didn't know where she was going, she didn't know if Tuk and Lo'ak were still next to her.