6 - the reef

THE SOUND OF WAVES LAPPING the shore is what Ivy expected to wake up to, a peaceful breeze and the light chirping of the morning animals.

But instead Ivy found herself being shaken awake by an excited Tuk, the girl was grinning leaning over her "Ivy come on!"

"T—Tuk?" Ivy replied groggily immediantly bringing her hands up to cover her stinging eyes "what are you doing?"

"We've got to go in the water!" She heard the girl as she squinted letting her eyes adjust "come on let's go let's go!"

"Ok ok I'm up" Ivy pushed herself up, shaking her head violently back and forth fearful she would flip back down into her slumber.

Tuk was jumping around her new home in circles around the pale girl with a giddy grin on her face, Ivy pushed herself up and held her hand out to Tuk which she Tuk "Cmon let's go" she yawned.

"Are you excited? Are you excited Ivy?" Tuk asked sad the two stepped out into the sand and Ivy took a big breath of the morning salty air.

"So excited Tuk" she laughed at the younger girls antics who was skipping along side her, Ivy helped her up onto the nets before pulling herself up.

Tsireya, Roxto and Aonung walked by, Tsireya and Roxto smiled at the two girls while Aonung still look thoroughly annoyed "come! this way and we can begin!" Tsireya announced, leading them through the winding net city to the Sullys place.

Neteyam, Lo'ak and Kiri were waiting out the front, Ivy gently pushed Tuk forward and the girl moved to her sister while Ivy went to stand next to Lo'ak.

"Follow our lead" Tsireya let them know, the turned around, her, Aonung and Roxto dove into the calm water sending ripples all around them.

"Come on!" Neteyam turned to Lo'ak and Ivy, the duo cheered following Neteyam and plunged into the water, alot less gracefully than the others sending out a huge splash.

The cool water surrounded Ivys skin as she waited for the bubbles to clear, she nearly crashed into Lo'ak who quickly held onto the giggling girl and redirected her forward.

She heard Tuk squeal and jump into the water with her sister, but she was more focused on the entirely knew world around her.

Thousands of tiny sparkling silver fish glided through the water and Ivy watched in awe, the whole ground was littered with the brightest, and well, the only coral she had ever seen, there was seaweed wobbling with the waves, strange squishy spheres and spiky purple rocks, it reminded her of the sprinkled bread the lab guys sometimes ate.

Everywhere she looked there was something new, the variety of plants was unbelievable and Ivy was overwhelmed with the choices of things to observe.

Every sort of creature you could imagine was there, some were dark and slender, some were puffed and spiky, some were flat and grey while some were wide and bursting with colours.

She felt like she was floating in paradise, which technically she was.

The roots of the trees were covered in growth liek the moss over the rocks in a stream from being underwater and the sun casted pretty patterns on the patches of sand below like the water was a glittery soup.

So many incredible and unknown creatures circled around, Ivy was absolutely and undeniably encaptivated.

It was utterly and purely magical, she couldn't use words to describe it.