8 - imploded noses

IVY HAD TOSSED AND TURNED all night listening the chatter of small animals and the waves, she barely got a blink of sleep, it seemed to be becoming a problem now.

All she could think about was revenge.

Ivy had been laying in bed for a long time, daydreaming about the forests, remembering how she would swing from tree to tree, how she would climb through vines and up trunks.

It reminded her, she still needed to explore the forest of the island, something she'd been wanting to do for a while.

She made a vow that she'd get around to it today, but for now she was hungry.

The morning breeze ruffled her hair and she shook her head, dried sand falling off her body as she stood up and let her eyes adjust to the brightness, they'd slightly watered and she blinked the aching away.

She snatched up a handful of seeds to snack on.

The girl made a beeline for Kiri, who was sitting alone against a trunk, braiding a basket like Tsireya had taught them yesterday, the Sully girl had incorporated all sorts of flowers and trinkets, Ivy thought it was pretty, of course Kiri would be good at this, back in the forest she always created jewelerry and clothes.

"Kiri" Ivy greeted sliding down the trunk next to her friend.

"Hello Ivy" Kiri spoke softly, her hands moved quickly and precisely tying the leaves together, she was quite talented at it, Ivy had noticed Kiri seemed to of taken a liking to the oceon, despite her grumpiness when they first came.

Icy poured some seeds into Kiri's outstretched hand and let her eyes flutter shut while Kiri told her about the morning swim she had, that was how it usually was, Kiri was usually a listener, but since Ivy was more than a listener than her, the blue girl became the talker.

Ivy liked listening to Kiri's storys, she always told them in such great detail, she had a way with words that was just mesmerising, Ivy felt like she was truly there.

She digged her feet in the sand and let her eyes flutter shut feeling the wind lap her face soothingly.

She watched as Kiri, though she only learnt yesterday skilfully finished off her basket, and handed it to Ivy "here, keep it"

Ivys ears perked up and her eyes widened "really?"

Kiri smiled "yeah of course, I've already made three"

Ivy gratefully took the basket, grinning, it was simple, but the first thing she had officially owned since moving here "thanks Kiri"

"No problem, let's go" Kiri stood up, Ivy mimicked her and straightened out "hey, how's your ear?"

Ivy had almost forgotten all about the temporary deafness in her ear, since her other one was so good she had barely noticed it, her hand grazed her ear and she shrugged "I can hear a little bit, no more ringing, it doesn't really effect me though"

"Oh well that's good" Kiri started walking with her friend "Tsireya is giving us more sign launguage lessons, do you want to go?"

"Yeah of course, how else am I gonna learn more insulting phrases to use" Ivy grinned while Kiri rolled her eyes.

"Oh have you found a gift for Lauriet yet?" Kiri asked as she hopped over a rock and Ivys chest tightened, this was absolutely infuriating.

"No" Ivy said simply, she didn't have the energy to talk about this.

Ivy crawled up the nets and straightened herself up, her heart almost plummeting down to her feet at the sight of Laurite, Laurite, standing with Lo'ak, Lo'ak.